AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
12-17-2017, 06:34 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(12-17-2017 04:49 PM)XR5777 Wrote:  Any response to Post: #827 ?
The patch is mainly for pixel clock limits. Other than the basic BIOS signature check to allow booting with a custom BIOS, I don't have any other workarounds for BIOS issues.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2017, 04:52 AM
(12-17-2017 06:34 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-17-2017 04:49 PM)XR5777 Wrote:  Any response to Post: #827 ?
The patch is mainly for pixel clock limits. Other than the basic BIOS signature check to allow booting with a custom BIOS, I don't have any other workarounds for BIOS issues.

Regarding the BIOS signature check - I've used this utility with great results on a lot of different graphics cards. I just tried it with a fully updated version of Windows 10 and the latest AMD drivers and it works great with one of my cards but when I use it on the other it causes a BSOD when I boot. The card in question is a MSI Gaming X Radeon RX570 4GB.

I can boot into safe mode and re-run the tool to roll drivers back and boot into Windows and I'm back to error code 43 with my custom bios. I've never had this issue with any other GPU - any thoughts on how to diagnose this to get the card working?
12-20-2017, 08:45 AM
(12-20-2017 04:52 AM)crobertswow Wrote:  Regarding the BIOS signature check - I've used this utility with great results on a lot of different graphics cards. I just tried it with a fully updated version of Windows 10 and the latest AMD drivers and it works great with one of my cards but when I use it on the other it causes a BSOD when I boot. The card in question is a MSI Gaming X Radeon RX570 4GB.

I can boot into safe mode and re-run the tool to roll drivers back and boot into Windows and I'm back to error code 43 with my custom bios. I've never had this issue with any other GPU - any thoughts on how to diagnose this to get the card working?
Clearly there's an issue with the custom BIOS you're trying to use for that particular card.
12-20-2017, 09:32 AM
(12-20-2017 08:45 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-20-2017 04:52 AM)crobertswow Wrote:  Regarding the BIOS signature check - I've used this utility with great results on a lot of different graphics cards. I just tried it with a fully updated version of Windows 10 and the latest AMD drivers and it works great with one of my cards but when I use it on the other it causes a BSOD when I boot. The card in question is a MSI Gaming X Radeon RX570 4GB.

Clearly there's an issue with the custom BIOS you're trying to use for that particular card.

I considered that, so I flashed it back to the original BIOS which leaves me still stuck with code 43. I expected rolling back to the stock BIOS would correct it.
12-20-2017, 06:37 PM
(12-20-2017 09:32 AM)crobertswow Wrote:  I considered that, so I flashed it back to the original BIOS which leaves me still stuck with code 43. I expected rolling back to the stock BIOS would correct it.
It should. Try manually enabling the device in the device manager. Windows might have just left it disabled.
12-23-2017, 12:13 PM
Does the bios patched support 17.12.2-dec19 ?
Can it patch the driver distro ?
So alter I can install the patched driver.
I need only bios patch.
Currently, I`m having many issues with patched drivers, many kernel crashes (win ver 1709)
12-23-2017, 02:22 PM
(12-23-2017 12:13 PM)pkirill Wrote:  Does the bios patched support 17.12.2-dec19 ?
Can it patch the driver distro ?
So alter I can install the patched driver.
I need only bios patch.
Currently, I`m having many issues with patched drivers, many kernel crashes (win ver 1709)
1.4.6 is fully compatible with 17.12.2. If you're having issues with crashes, then either there's an issue with the custom BIOS you're using, or there's a hardware problem.
12-23-2017, 08:06 PM
(12-20-2017 06:37 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-20-2017 09:32 AM)crobertswow Wrote:  I considered that, so I flashed it back to the original BIOS which leaves me still stuck with code 43. I expected rolling back to the stock BIOS would correct it.
It should. Try manually enabling the device in the device manager. Windows might have just left it disabled.

It was enabled. I ended up having file corruption in the copy of the original vbios I backed up from the card. I restored from a manufacturer copy they emailed me and it's now working. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
01-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Friends I have a radeon rx 480, an upgrade was made from the bios to mine more. It was working normally with driver 17.11.1. I installed another Rx470 without bios update, the RX 480 ran for 02 days. Now I no longer recognize the drivers already tried with other versions and nothing. Can you give me an opinion?

Thanks and best Regards
Davi
01-14-2018, 10:14 AM (Last edited: 01-14-2018, 10:15 AM by wintertraum)
hey toasty

i'm getting atidxx32/atidxx64 crash errors after using your bios patcher whenever i try to run anything that uses (directx 10? 11 ?)

rx460 on 17.12.2 drivers

can't even run the winsat test to evaluate my computer (program crashes once directx eval starts)

would really appreciate insight as to how to fix this so that i don't have to use older drivers ):

win7 64 no updates installed yet (happens on fresh install)