AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
11-17-2019, 08:21 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(11-16-2019 08:53 AM)kuri0 Wrote:  Can you add support for removing the EDP/LVDS pixel clock limits. My laptop uses an ANX3110 EDP->LVDS internally and a LVDS monitor and the maximum pixel clock I can use without the resolution disappearing is 161.99mhz
I haven't been able to remove any DisplayPort limits. Unlike DVI and HDMI, DisplayPort is packet-based and runs at fixed clock speeds, although 162 MHz is an unusual limit. Normally two-lane DisplayPort HBR should be 180 MHz at 8 bpc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2019, 01:48 PM (Last edited: 12-09-2019, 01:55 PM by kaigloeckner)
Hello guys, i am really need your help. I have my asus RX470 custom bios flashed, and i have no original bois rom, because it's not me who flashed my Videocard bois. I searched original bios everywere, and did't find. I even tryed to send an email to asus for bios, but they don't give a flover about my problem. So i forced to use THIS PATCHER. ALSO i am using CRU for better refresh rate monitor. But it's does not matter, because i have one big problem. When my videocard working in games it's look ok. But if i am using HWinfo or msi Afterburning or others programs for monitoring, i get BSOD, and then my screen looks like 45 degree turned, and after reboot it's got ok again. Anyway i can just don't use monitoring program, but in some online games, i have bsod anyway after 1-4 hours of gameplay if i do some things on PC before i play games. i tried to use standart refreshrate, but it's still bsod. sry for eng btw
12-09-2019, 05:48 PM
(12-09-2019 01:48 PM)kaigloeckner Wrote:  Hello guys, i am really need your help. I have my asus RX470 custom bios flashed, and i have no original bois rom, because it's not me who flashed my Videocard bois. I searched original bios everywere, and did't find. I even tryed to send an email to asus for bios, but they don't give a flover about my problem. So i forced to use THIS PATCHER. ALSO i am using CRU for better refresh rate monitor. But it's does not matter, because i have one big problem. When my videocard working in games it's look ok. But if i am using HWinfo or msi Afterburning or others programs for monitoring, i get BSOD, and then my screen looks like 45 degree turned, and after reboot it's got ok again. Anyway i can just don't use monitoring program, but in some online games, i have bsod anyway after 1-4 hours of gameplay if i do some things on PC before i play games. i tried to use standart refreshrate, but it's still bsod. sry for eng btw
It sounds like either the card is defective or overclocked beyond its capabilities. Does the card have a BIOS switch? If so, try flipping the switch. If not, have you checked this BIOS database? https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?arc...del=RX+470 See if one of those is compatible with your card.
01-02-2020, 06:49 PM
I've tried to search, but am not really getting any relevant results, so I hope people'll forgive me for perhaps asking a question that has already been answered:
I have 2 4k monitors, both with DP 1.2 connectors. Both monitors basically refuse to go above 71hz custom refresh rates, and this struck me as pretty weird. So I had a look at what bandwidth limits DP 1.2 (and HDMI 2.0) have, and I found that for DP 1.2, we're talking about 17.3Gbit. My question is: what effective upper limit should this imply?
This calculator suggests even 4k70 shouldn't be possible (using 8bit color for my TN panel): https://k.kramerav.com/support/bwcalculator.asp ; while 10bit (IPS) should be hopeless. is this correct?
01-02-2020, 11:14 PM
(01-02-2020 06:49 PM)treebaard Wrote:  I've tried to search, but am not really getting any relevant results, so I hope people'll forgive me for perhaps asking a question that has already been answered:
I have 2 4k monitors, both with DP 1.2 connectors. Both monitors basically refuse to go above 71hz custom refresh rates, and this struck me as pretty weird. So I had a look at what bandwidth limits DP 1.2 (and HDMI 2.0) have, and I found that for DP 1.2, we're talking about 17.3Gbit. My question is: what effective upper limit should this imply?
This calculator suggests even 4k70 shouldn't be possible (using 8bit color for my TN panel): https://k.kramerav.com/support/bwcalculator.asp ; while 10bit (IPS) should be hopeless. is this correct?

See this post for common pixel clock limits: https://www.monitortests.com/blog/common...ck-limits/

4-lane HBR2 should be able to handle up to 720 MHz pixel clock with 8 bpc, which is enough for 3840x2160 @ 80 Hz with CVT-RB timing ("LCD standard" in CRU would use this). To add a resolution greater than 655.35 MHz in CRU, you have to add it in a DisplayID extension block because EDID detailed resolutions can't go that high.

Now whether the monitor can handle that is another story. Unless you have a monitor that is specifically designed to handle higher refresh rates, most 4K monitors only officially support 60 Hz, and it may skip frames at higher refresh rates if it allows them at all.
01-03-2020, 08:16 AM
(01-02-2020 11:14 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-02-2020 06:49 PM)treebaard Wrote:  I've tried to search, but am not really getting any relevant results, so I hope people'll forgive me for perhaps asking a question that has already been answered:

See this post for common pixel clock limits: https://www.monitortests.com/blog/common...ck-limits/

4-lane HBR2 should be able to handle up to 720 MHz pixel clock with 8 bpc, which is enough for 3840x2160 @ 80 Hz with CVT-RB timing ("LCD standard" in CRU would use this). To add a resolution greater than 655.35 MHz in CRU, you have to add it in a DisplayID extension block because EDID detailed resolutions can't go that high.

Now whether the monitor can handle that is another story. Unless you have a monitor that is specifically designed to handle higher refresh rates, most 4K monitors only officially support 60 Hz, and it may skip frames at higher refresh rates if it allows them at all.
Thanks. If I wanted to try this, would DP cable quality also affect the outcome?
01-03-2020, 07:43 PM
(01-03-2020 08:16 AM)treebaard Wrote:  Thanks. If I wanted to try this, would DP cable quality also affect the outcome?
A bad cable can cause it to negotiate a lower speed, such as HBR instead of HBR2 or 2 lanes instead of 4, but if that were the case, you wouldn't even be able to get 4K @ 60 Hz.
02-23-2020, 11:33 AM
Hi all, I have Radeon VII videocard and two monitors: AOC i2381FH (1920*1080) connected with HDMI->DP active adapter and LG W2043S (1600*900) connected with VGA->HDMI adapter. I'm using this patcher to bypass adapter limits and to overclock monitors 80 Hz on AOC and 74 Hz on LG. This set of adapters is used to correctly define main monitor (DP has higher priority than HDMI). But when I'm playing games with Oculus Rift S connected to DP it sometimes can cause BSOD (Black Screen of Death instead of blue) 0x000000116 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE atikmpag.sys. Without patching drivers all's fine. This situation repeats on 19.10.2, 20.1.3 and 20.2.1, again: without patch all's fine, with patch it's unstable. How to fix these annoying BSODs?
02-25-2020, 05:38 PM
(02-23-2020 11:33 AM)TechnoStone Wrote:  Hi all, I have Radeon VII videocard and two monitors: AOC i2381FH (1920*1080) connected with HDMI->DP active adapter and LG W2043S (1600*900) connected with VGA->HDMI adapter. I'm using this patcher to bypass adapter limits and to overclock monitors 80 Hz on AOC and 74 Hz on LG. This set of adapters is used to correctly define main monitor (DP has higher priority than HDMI). But when I'm playing games with Oculus Rift S connected to DP it sometimes can cause BSOD (Black Screen of Death instead of blue) 0x000000116 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE atikmpag.sys. Without patching drivers all's fine. This situation repeats on 19.10.2, 20.1.3 and 20.2.1, again: without patch all's fine, with patch it's unstable. How to fix these annoying BSODs?
Does that happen with the patch without any custom resolutions? I don't see why you can't define the main monitor with HDMI.
02-26-2020, 12:39 AM
(02-25-2020 05:38 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  Does that happen with the patch without any custom resolutions? I don't see why you can't define the main monitor with HDMI.
Yeah, it happens even without custom resolutions. Main monitor I meant in bios, OS loadscreens (Windows 10, macOS Catalina, CentOS)