Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
07-12-2022, 04:49 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(07-11-2022 03:42 PM)Clavius Wrote:  I found CRU can adjust it but it is not working.
This is default.:

And I modified.:

Do I set wrong? Or is it controlled by hardware?
Read the first post about extension blocks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2022, 04:49 PM
(07-12-2022 05:40 AM)Mussels Wrote:  Got a problem here with the latest Nvidia drivers - the moment i modify anything with CRU, the nvidia control panel loses 90% of its features.

Delete the changes in CRU, restart64 and they come back.
That has to be a driver bug. Export a file with the defaults and the changes, and post it here so I can see if there's anything unusual.
07-12-2022, 05:30 PM (Last edited: 07-12-2022, 05:33 PM by IIISi Z16 HF LE)
(07-12-2022 04:48 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-11-2022 05:16 PM)IIISi Z16 HF LE Wrote:  I have tested both drivers please see pics there is 27 and 30 version
And interestingly When I installed original 27 version (OEM MSi) I have 4k@120 with RGB 8bpc
Becsue I had installed previously latest from Intel website by assistant which detected old gpu I updated. There was warning message that I should stay with OEM drivers when it comes to laptops but I have updated to test and 30 version will change 4k@120 to YCbCr422 and I could notice difference reduced colors.
I am now back on 27 OEM driver with RBG Smile It supports HDR in YCbCr422 doesn't.
Interesting is it ?
If you see a difference in behavior between different driver versions, then you should report that to Intel support because that seems like a driver bug.
They told me this :

Hello Peter,

Thank you for the feedback.

Regarding the settings that you are trying to make they are available in IGCC. For you to be able to set them please follow the steps from these 2 guides:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...phics.html
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...phics.html

Please note that Color Depth and Format are not supported on non-native HDMI connections (such as DisplayPort, USB-C, VGA, or when using adapters).

Loks like it is automatically hidden in intel comand centre..

I wish that microsoft would include in windows 11 display settings custom resolutions and color settings since they implemented enabling HDR and more info about display
07-13-2022, 12:32 PM
Hi everyone. Great respect to ToastyX. Just adding my two cents about Chinese monitor Mucai 27 inch 1440p that i bought recently. CRU name SGT2700.
It behaves very weird. Via DisplayPort Freesync is broken completely - screen blacks out in 40-50 frames and with Freesync turned ON in monitor menu monitor won't show any picture at all if set over default 75hz. Range editing trough display properties didn't give me any results.
IF freesync turned off in monitor menu it will accept 90hz easily and auto set itself on 10 bit mode.
BUT Huh
Trough a HDMI cable i managed to get it working with freesync (my main goal) on 84hz 8 bit mode (it won't let me choose 10 bit). And what gets me is that freesync range i've got is 20-84 and it works perfectly!
But no 10 bit... Why? No idea, maybe you can help me out with that. And what gets me is that it won't let me choose any refresh rate higher than 84hz in windows. Huh
Otherwise it is flicker-free, and it has a semi working HDR (SMPTE 2084) with auto mode but gamma is off slightly.
DCR (which i never use) and something called "LED EFFECT" which to my case did absolutely nothing Undecided
So i am pretty happy with the results. CTA-861 extension blocks did the trick for the freesync. Should i test some other settings? I wonder why different ports of that monitor work so different. Any way i can force it to 90hz 10 bit + freesync?
07-15-2022, 10:41 PM
(07-13-2022 12:32 PM)TsoyZhiv Wrote:  But no 10 bit... Why? No idea, maybe you can help me out with that. And what gets me is that it won't let me choose any refresh rate higher than 84hz in windows. Huh
There's a bandwidth limit.
07-16-2022, 01:31 PM
Im using a dvi d (single link) to hdmi adapter on my rx 6600, i used to be able to oc my bx 2440 monitor to 75hz with my gtx 970 but now it won't let me overclock higher than 71 because of the pixel clock limit that isn't getting patched right by the ati clock patcher, probably because the card doesn't support dvi.. Any tips??
07-17-2022, 01:42 AM
(07-16-2022 01:31 PM)MilkIsSalty Wrote:  Im using a dvi d (single link) to hdmi adapter on my rx 6600, i used to be able to oc my bx 2440 monitor to 75hz with my gtx 970 but now it won't let me overclock higher than 71 because of the pixel clock limit that isn't getting patched right by the ati clock patcher, probably because the card doesn't support dvi.. Any tips??
The patcher is supposed to work for that situation, but you might not need the patcher anyway. You can use "Exact reduced" timing to make 1920x1080 @ 75 Hz exactly 165 MHz pixel clock, and if that timing doesn't work for your monitor, you can add an HDMI data block in a CTA-861 extension block to go beyond 165 MHz.
07-17-2022, 02:55 AM
(07-12-2022 05:40 AM)Mussels Wrote:  Hey guys

Got a problem here with the latest Nvidia drivers - the moment i modify anything with CRU, the nvidia control panel loses 90% of its features.

Delete the changes in CRU, restart64 and they come back.

Anyone seen this before, and knows of a fix?

4K 70Hz so nothing drastic - change/breakage occurs when i adjust in detailed resolutions, or add in the extension block

I figured this one out - if 'image scaling' is enabled, using CRU breaks the control panel

If you end up in this situation, delete your profile in CRU, restart driver

Open NVCP, disable image scaling in '3D settings' and under 'adjust desktop size and position' make sure scaling is set to occur on display and not GPU
07-17-2022, 03:29 PM
(07-17-2022 01:42 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-16-2022 01:31 PM)MilkIsSalty Wrote:  Im using a dvi d (single link) to hdmi adapter on my rx 6600, i used to be able to oc my bx 2440 monitor to 75hz with my gtx 970 but now it won't let me overclock higher than 71 because of the pixel clock limit that isn't getting patched right by the ati clock patcher, probably because the card doesn't support dvi.. Any tips??
The patcher is supposed to work for that situation, but you might not need the patcher anyway. You can use "Exact reduced" timing to make 1920x1080 @ 75 Hz exactly 165 MHz pixel clock, and if that timing doesn't work for your monitor, you can add an HDMI data block in a CTA-861 extension block to go beyond 165 MHz.

Thanks alot, it worked with Exact reduced timings.
07-17-2022, 05:30 PM
I found this in trying to get my PC to display on my Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. It's shown up exactly twice at 240 hz but it doesn't want to show up at max resolution at that refresh rate. Your tool looks amazing, but i'm not sure how to use it. Any assist would be amazing