Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
02-10-2023, 11:42 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
I have an aoc 24g2u monitor and as far as i know it is an lcd monitor, the monitors I want to play in 1280x960 orientation do not have them themselves and I added them with cru but there is a problem. Input lag is added when I add resolution from cru, how can I solve this problem? I tried almost most of the timing standards and tried them all the same lcd standard, cvt-rb cvt-rb2 etc all add input lag?

https://prnt.sc/wDVkOFKqB0A6 CVT-Rb
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2023, 03:20 AM
(02-10-2023 11:42 PM)zapkin Wrote:  I have an aoc 24g2u monitor and as far as i know it is an lcd monitor, the monitors I want to play in 1280x960 orientation do not have them themselves and I added them with cru but there is a problem. Input lag is added when I add resolution from cru, how can I solve this problem? I tried almost most of the timing standards and tried them all the same lcd standard, cvt-rb cvt-rb2 etc all add input lag?

If it lags at lower resolutions, that's a monitor limitation. The timing parameters won't have any significant effect. Use GPU scaling instead.
02-13-2023, 03:21 AM
(02-10-2023 06:55 PM)lors Wrote:  Is there any EDID hack whatsoever do mitigate VRR-flickering on LG OLEDs? Depending on the game, my 77C2 shows significantly more VRR-flickering than any of my other OLEDs (48C1, 55A80J, sold 65C9) and it is driving me nuts.
All you could do is reduce the range. This is really more of a hardware limitation of the monitor.
02-13-2023, 01:25 PM
(02-13-2023 03:20 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(02-10-2023 11:42 PM)zapkin Wrote:  I have an aoc 24g2u monitor and as far as i know it is an lcd monitor, the monitors I want to play in 1280x960 orientation do not have them themselves and I added them with cru but there is a problem. Input lag is added when I add resolution from cru, how can I solve this problem? I tried almost most of the timing standards and tried them all the same lcd standard, cvt-rb cvt-rb2 etc all add input lag?

If it lags at lower resolutions, that's a monitor limitation. The timing parameters won't have any significant effect. Use GPU scaling instead.

When I add with GPU scaling the screen becomes more horizontal, I don't want that, no lower resolutions, it works as it should, but there is input lag. isn't there a solution to this?
02-13-2023, 02:33 PM
(02-13-2023 01:25 PM)zapkin Wrote:  When I add with GPU scaling the screen becomes more horizontal, I don't want that, no lower resolutions, it works as it should, but there is input lag. isn't there a solution to this?
GPU scaling is the solution. You can set GPU scaling to preserve the aspect ratio.
02-13-2023, 03:03 PM
I have an AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT Graphics Card and I cannot connect to my Samsung Ls22F350FHUXEN monitors. Only the Card's HDMI output works with the Monitor, but the Dsiplayport to HDMI adapters do not. I've tried several configurations, but to no avail.
02-13-2023, 11:47 PM (Last edited: 02-14-2023, 03:30 AM by Imgquest)
Hi guys. First of all I want to thank you for taking your time to read this. I’ll try to be concise.

Since this is my first time with dual monitors and a semi high end PC (Samsung TV UN40EH5000G - Gigabyte G27F2 – RX570 8gb) I’ve never had this problem before. A 60hz FHD TV without Freesync through HDMI (2.0 I guess, It came with the G27F2 monitor) and a 165hz IPS FHD HDR ready monitor with Freesync through a Displayport 1.4

After setting it all up I find that my GPU’s core clock and memory are higher than usual while idle in desktop (usually 300 mhz – 300mhz. After dual setup, core 588mhz – mem maxed to 1750). Worried of course I started searching and reading until I found this place. Thanks for all the information provided, definitely a whole world.

Even though I learnt a lot of new things I’m still new to this. I tried CRU settings for Automatic PC, CVT RB and manually changing vertical blanking and I was still unable to stabilize GPU clocks. Also when I tried CVT RB some spaces of the screen remained pure white.

Having already disconnected the TV I was still trying to solve this Timing problem with the G27F 2. Finally I found a solution by creating a custom resolution with amd’s adrenalin. Lowering refresh rates to 142 and selecting CVTRB but I’d prefer to use CRU.

Nevertheless the whole problem came back when I connected the TV back. I also deleted the custom resolution for the G27F2 until I can find a solution for both screens.

I’m really worried because this means having the GPU’s mem all day maxed and with higher temperatures since I use this station for work and leisure. Not to even mention electricity costs and the obstacle to enjoy without worries my first high end monitor ever that was worth a lot for me.

My name is Joaquin, I’m from Argentina and my career has nothing to do with technology. I’m just a 35 year old single lawyer with the quest of having the perfect FHD station

My goal, if possible is to enjoy the best possible picture quality in the G27F2 with high refresh rates for gaming/movies and use the TV for seeing documents larger without having my gpu mem maxed all the time.

Again thank you.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-15-2023, 08:43 PM
Hi @ToastyX Please help I have a BenQ XL2540 and a AMD 5700xt im using a resolution of 1550x1080 to acheive stretched res for fortnite. everything works fine when I configure the settings that I Would like I can play fortnite, browse the web, and everything but as soon as I turn my pc off, return to it the next day my pc will act fine for about 20 mins, and then the screen will go black no matter what I cant get the display to come back on. So im forced to restart my PC once again only to return with my AMD drivers deleted this time around. This happens to me everytime, I can download my amd drivers back, and its fixed again but as soon as I turn my PC off when its fixed thats when I run into issues again, and have to download my drivers back again. do you know what may be causing this?
02-16-2023, 02:40 AM
Hello @ToastyX ! I have a Samsung G9 Odissey screen I use it with the PBP function which gives me two screens. They are connected to an MSI RTX 4080 Supprim X with Windows 11. Unfortunately my display port 1 is detected as screen 2 and vice versa for display port 2 by Windows. Before I had an RTX 2080 and when I had the problem with this same screen, I used your software (RESET ALL) to redefine the identification of the monitor but since I am on the RTX 4080 impossible to make the change identification. Do you have a solution please or is it necessary to update the CRU software ? Thank you for your answer and sorry for my approximate English I am French.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-16-2023, 05:50 AM
(02-16-2023 02:40 AM)Neobioz Wrote:  Hello @ToastyX ! I have a Samsung G9 Odissey screen I use it with the PBP function which gives me two screens. They are connected to an MSI RTX 4080 Supprim X with Windows 11. Unfortunately my display port 1 is detected as screen 2 and vice versa for display port 2 by Windows. Before I had an RTX 2080 and when I had the problem with this same screen, I used your software (RESET ALL) to redefine the identification of the monitor but since I am on the RTX 4080 impossible to make the change identification. Do you have a solution please or is it necessary to update the CRU software ? Thank you for your answer and sorry for my approximate English I am French.
You can set the main screen in the Windows display settings. CRU doesn't have control over that.