Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
08-03-2019, 01:26 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(08-02-2019 01:09 AM)ameoir Wrote:  So how would I make custom resolution or refresh rate with dual graphics in laptop? https://www.monitortests.com/forum/attac...hp?aid=413
What happens if you try adding 1920x1080 @ 61 Hz? If the refresh rate isn't listed, try using the "Copy" and "Paste" buttons at the top to copy everything to the duplicate monitor entries in the dropdown list. If that doesn't work, try rebooting instead of using restart.exe. If that still doesn't work, then the driver isn't allowing EDID overrides on your laptop for some reason.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2019, 11:21 AM
@Toastyx

Will you support Navi graphics cards? I still use my QNIX 27" 1440p but was thinking of getting a RX 5700 XT and Ryzen 3600 build. I was thinking a dvi-d to hdmi or DP cable might work? If not then, nm, but if that cable does work, it would be nice to keep using CRU and Patcher for my 110hz overclock. If too much work for you since it is a new GPU design, no worries at all, cheers
08-04-2019, 02:42 AM
(08-03-2019 11:21 AM)caenlen Wrote:  Will you support Navi graphics cards? I still use my QNIX 27" 1440p but was thinking of getting a RX 5700 XT and Ryzen 3600 build. I was thinking a dvi-d to hdmi or DP cable might work? If not then, nm, but if that cable does work, it would be nice to keep using CRU and Patcher for my 110hz overclock. If too much work for you since it is a new GPU design, no worries at all, cheers
CRU doesn't deal with the GPU directly (except to read extension blocks), so it will work with any driver that supports EDID overrides. The patcher will depend on how the driver handles limits, but that monitor needs dual-link DVI to reach 110 Hz. Most adapters are single-link, and that monitor can only handle around 60 Hz with a single-link connection. This is the only dual-link adapter I know that can handle higher pixel clocks, but AMD's driver limits it to 300/400 MHz pixel clock at 8/6 bpc respectively: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00856WJH8/?tag=mtests-20#ad

Instead of using an adapter, I recommend waiting to see if a non-reference 5700 XT comes out with a dual-link DVI port. MSI is coming out with some custom cards soon.
08-04-2019, 06:31 PM
(07-30-2019 11:35 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-30-2019 07:18 PM)DalekDoc Wrote:  Yeah, I copied the extension block from the LG B8 OLED TV. I see what you're saying, do you know if there's any way, if possible to get a HDMI emulator to report HDR support if possible at all?
The only thing I can think of is if the HDMI emulator allows you to flash the EDID on it, you can try flashing the TV's EDID onto the HDMI emulator. There isn't an easy way to do this in Windows, but you might be able to do it with a Linux live USB and a tool like edid-rw. I don't know if that's enough to get the driver to enable HDR.

Got it. That's worth trying. I'll let you know if it works.

Thanks!
08-04-2019, 08:38 PM
thanks toastyx, I will wait for custom 5700 xt cards Smile I have to wait anyway for 3700x to get back in stock.
08-06-2019, 04:33 AM
If i reinstall windows , i need reconfig CRU?
08-06-2019, 07:27 AM
Can I please get some help with a problem? Basically I'm unable to save custom resolutions (refresh rates included). If I set a custom resolution/refresh via the nvid control panel or Toastys CRU, it's as if nothing happened and the new setting won't be available in the nvid resolution list or in Windows display list, even after I restart. None of the solutions I've found online worked but I've found a few others with the same issue. :cry:

Is there a file or registry I can edit to force it instead?

I'm using win7 for DPC latency reasons so maybe that has something to do with the the problem.

Thank you.
08-07-2019, 03:33 AM
(08-06-2019 07:27 AM)krollic Wrote:  Can I please get some help with a problem? Basically I'm unable to save custom resolutions (refresh rates included). If I set a custom resolution/refresh via the nvid control panel or Toastys CRU, it's as if nothing happened and the new setting won't be available in the nvid resolution list or in Windows display list, even after I restart. None of the solutions I've found online worked but I've found a few others with the same issue. :cry:
What video card? What monitor? How is it connected? What resolutions did you try to add? Can you show me examples of others with the same issue?

The NVIDIA control panel and CRU are separate and operate differently. I don't see how the NVIDIA control panel would let you set a custom resolution but not list it. That sounds like a driver bug. CRU creates EDID overrides that basically describes what the monitor can do, so if a resolution isn't listed, that's either a driver or hardware limitation. Windows 7 shouldn't be an issue.
08-07-2019, 03:33 AM
(08-06-2019 04:33 AM)wan04146 Wrote:  If i reinstall windows , i need reconfig CRU?
Yes, but you can use the "Export" button to save a monitor's settings to a file.
08-07-2019, 01:53 PM
(04-07-2019 09:40 PM)Benman2785 Wrote:  hey - i bought an ACER Nitro 5 AN515-42 (Ryzen 5 2500U + RX 560X)
it has a AUO B156HAN06.0 (maybe HW2A) 60hz IPS Display - i overclocked it to 100hz so far (dont need more hz) - is that "save"?

https://imgur.com/a/enCHuGf

also: how do i enable FreeSync with CRU 1.4.1 in my settings?
a FreeSync-Range from 45-100 would be great; or 35-75 (if 75hz is more save)
I too have the same laptop, but the intel/1050ti variant. May I ask what timings you used?

I'm currently having trouble displaying anything higher than 75hz without dark vertical lines showing up. I had the same problem with 75hz till I used automatic LCD Reduced which made it go away. It displays all the way to 100hz but with dark vertical lines. ufo test and frame skipping confirm it works.