Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
01-23-2014, 07:33 AM
RE: Strobelight - LightBoost Utility for AMD/ATI and NVIDIA
Hi guys. I use lightboost on monitor Benq XL2411T. But when I work in the browser, the mouse cursor starts jumping jerks. And system freezes and i have reboot. How i solve this problem? Perhaps this supplement mozilla create this problem? Thanks. Sorry my bad english.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Thank you for making this tool.
Is there a way to strobe at 85Hz?
I play and work on the same PC and the CTRL + ALT + 0 is already in use by Photoshop.
I had to disable the shortcuts on Strobelight becouse of PS.

Thanks in advance,
Peter
01-24-2014, 04:05 PM
(01-23-2014 08:26 PM)Peter_Phoenix Wrote:  Is there a way to strobe at 85Hz?
No. LightBoost monitors can only strobe at 120/110/100 Hz.

(01-23-2014 08:26 PM)Peter_Phoenix Wrote:  I play and work on the same PC and the CTRL + ALT + 0 is already in use by Photoshop.
You can change the modifier keys to something like Ctrl + Shift, or you can disable the main 0-9 and leave numpad 0-9 enabled.
01-24-2014, 04:15 PM
(01-23-2014 07:33 AM)Garpastum Wrote:  Hi guys. I use lightboost on monitor Benq XL2411T. But when I work in the browser, the mouse cursor starts jumping jerks. And system freezes and i have reboot. How i solve this problem? Perhaps this supplement mozilla create this problem? Thanks. Sorry my bad english.
That's not a LightBoost problem. It might be a driver issue related to GPU acceleration, or it could be a hardware issue.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/964151
01-25-2014, 02:09 PM
(01-24-2014 04:05 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-23-2014 08:26 PM)Peter_Phoenix Wrote:  Is there a way to strobe at 85Hz?
No. LightBoost monitors can only strobe at 120/110/100 Hz.

(01-23-2014 08:26 PM)Peter_Phoenix Wrote:  I play and work on the same PC and the CTRL + ALT + 0 is already in use by Photoshop.
You can change the modifier keys to something like Ctrl + Shift, or you can disable the main 0-9 and leave numpad 0-9 enabled.

Thank you.
01-28-2014, 02:49 AM
Amazing program!

Do you have a fix for the black screen replacing the windows logon screen?

The old .zip would say there was incompatible devices and I would have to press retry on logon

The beta4 skips the logon and goes from windows loading , black screen, windows loaded
01-28-2014, 02:57 PM
I can't fix a problem that doesn't make sense. The program doesn't start until after you log in, so how can it affect the login screen? All I did was make it wait until the desktop is available before checking for available refresh rates. Why would that cause a black screen? Something else is going on and nobody has been able to tell me what.

Are you using any remote desktop software or virtual desktops or something that might be logging in and creating a desktop before you actually log in?
01-31-2014, 08:41 AM
(01-28-2014 02:57 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  I can't fix a problem that doesn't make sense. The program doesn't start until after you log in, so how can it affect the login screen? All I did was make it wait until the desktop is available before checking for available refresh rates. Why would that cause a black screen? Something else is going on and nobody has been able to tell me what.

Are you using any remote desktop software or virtual desktops or something that might be logging in and creating a desktop before you actually log in?

No. there was another person posting the same issue and no one answered so I thought I would post.

With the old version, I would see it on the blue windows log on screen. Logging in.

On the new version, that blue log on screen is skipped completely and it only shows the desktop after explorer.exe kicks in.

If you want to help me look into this, I will make a video on the phone to show you exactly what I am talking about

tl;dr - old version, shows logon screen and gives error to start program, new version, doesnt show logon screen just desktop after its loaded
01-31-2014, 06:49 PM
Nobody else posted about the login screen being skipped. The login screen is where you choose the user and enter the password. It shouldn't be possible for a program to bypass that.
01-31-2014, 10:38 PM
When I use Lightboost with Strobelight, I noticed my Brightness of my monitor is halved and I tried to max out Brightness but I didn't any luck. Any reason to this? and my Monitor is Asus 248QE