AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
11-10-2013, 03:46 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
So I'm using this patch to make my Qnix QX2710 overclockable to 96Hz. been running this fine on my GTX570sli but since I changed to R9-280x crossfire whenver I use this patch i get no video and some of my games doesn't feel as smooth as 60Hz even when I reach 96Hz. I'm on windows 8.1 with latest updates. So any suggestions? When I remove this patch and revert back to 60hz everything works 100%
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2013, 08:51 PM
(11-10-2013 03:46 PM)diceair Wrote:  So I'm using this patch to make my Qnix QX2710 overclockable to 96Hz. been running this fine on my GTX570sli but since I changed to R9-280x crossfire whenver I use this patch i get no video and some of my games doesn't feel as smooth as 60Hz even when I reach 96Hz.
I replied to your other post.
11-19-2013, 11:33 AM
I have used the patch and tool with my Radeon R9 290X and the Dell U2713HM monitor, and set it to 90Hz (I have not tried anyting higher).
There is no artifact or anything else that suggest problems, but I realised that mouse movements is LESS fluid then on 60Hz. The mouse cursor makes eratic small jumps when moved. I am unsure of the origin of the problem, is it some kind of frame skipping? Will a better dvi dual link cable be able to fix the problem?
11-19-2013, 04:27 PM
The U2713HM probably skips frames. I don't think that monitor is overclockable. Changing the cable won't make a difference.
11-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Hello.
Was wondering if I could trouble you for some help.
I am using CRU1.1 and have set 1920x1080x60, 72 and 144hz with CRU for my ASUS VG278HE monitors.

I have 3 monitors.

I used to be able to set all 3 to 144hz, but after I downgraded from Win8 to Win7, and use the latest Catalyst (not beta) for Win7 (not the one for the R-Rxxx series).....I am no longer able to get more than 60hz on the middle screen.

I have not changed the cabling from how it was previously, and then i was able to get 144hz on everything.

I ran that patcher program you mentioned above as well..and it said it patched everything...

Still unable to get the middle monitor, which is set as main display to 144hz.

Any tips?

best reg.

Mr. Boof
11-20-2013, 06:45 PM
You shouldn't have to patch the driver. 144 Hz should work out of the box.

Try disabling the extension block and adding 144 Hz using the "LCD reduced" timing option. The pixel clock should be 317.49 MHz.
11-20-2013, 09:02 PM (Last edited: 11-20-2013, 09:04 PM by Boof)
144hz works out of the box for the two screens that are running through the miniDisplayport->DVI-adapters.....but the DVI-DL screen in the middle still only shows as 60hz...even without the patch or the screenmode modifications.

http://youtu.be/lSb8pBLQ3Ek

Here is a video showing it all.

All screens seems to identify correctly and are recognized correctly, yet i cannot get that DVI-DL screen to work...it used to work until i uninstalled Win8 and reinstalled with Win7. Sad

Also tried as you stated above...but it still does not open up for 144hz for the DVI-DL screen.

Could this be a graphics card driver problem? :O Like the new catalyst does not work correctly, and i need to roll back and patch with an older driver?
11-21-2013, 06:05 PM
If disconnecting the other two monitors makes 144 Hz work, then it's likely a driver bug.
11-22-2013, 03:57 AM (Last edited: 11-24-2013, 09:36 AM by Boof)
Wink RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
Funny...it had never occurred to me that I could do that to verify if it was a driver bug. Silly me..XD

Disconnected the two miniDisplay port monitors now...and the middle screen came up with the new refesh rates selectable.

So I guess i have to rollback the driver to an old one, and use the patch. :-)

Thanks for the help.

"problem solved yet again" XD

EDIT 24.NOV.2013
Reinstalled with Catalyst 13.2 Beta....and now it shows 144hz available default in the driver, not sure if it remembers the old resolutions i set, but it was no problem with this driver what so ever to get all screens to 144hz.

Thanks for the help! ^^
12-01-2013, 02:53 PM (Last edited: 12-01-2013, 02:57 PM by Razyre)
Hi there.

Just got the utility to work for the first time with me LG 27EA83-D. I'm using an AMD Radeon 7950 with Catalyst 13.11 (I think beta9) and I've managed to get the monitor to 62Hz but no further without the monitor throwing up an "out of range" error. Using DVI Dual Link.

Someone on a review said they managed to get this monitor to 99Hz. I'd like to be at least able to get it to 75Hz or something, but this is looking unlikely.

Is there anything worth trying to see if I can coax the monitor into accepting the signal? I /think/ it's working fine at 62 without dropping frames. I certainly can't see any issues with the image.

EDIT:

On second thoughts, think I can. Small jumps from the cursor as you'd expect from such a small refresh change. A shame really.
Really quite irritating that a reviewer is spouting that this display can do 100Hz when it can't seem to get past 62Hz and jumps even when it does. I never bought this display for 100Hz, but it'd have been cool if it was capable.

I do have access to the service menu, no idea if there's anything in there that can help.