Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
05-22-2019, 01:17 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(05-21-2019 07:37 PM)Dogway Wrote:  Is it safe for the HDTV to input manual values based on Pixel Clock Calculator? or should be always use the LCD standard template? Basically I don't want to put much strain to the panel since I will be changing rates frequently per game emulators.
The timing parameters mainly control how long to wait between each line and frame. That won't affect anything that would harm the panel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2019, 01:17 PM
(05-21-2019 05:36 PM)Junra Wrote:  I'm trying to enable freesync but when I try to edit the block, the Freesync option is simply greyed out. I've attached a screenshot here of how that looks. Apologies if this has been answered earlier!

I have an RX 480 connected to a QNIX 2710 Multi True 10 monitor
You need at least 9 bytes left to add a FreeSync data block. That monitor is not going to support FreeSync anyway.
05-22-2019, 01:40 PM (Last edited: 05-22-2019, 01:41 PM by Dogway)
(05-22-2019 01:17 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  The timing parameters mainly control how long to wait between each line and frame. That won't affect anything that would harm the panel.

So the "LCD Standard" is just a formalism we shouldn't care at all?

Also wanted to ask if what is shown in the image is correct. The Nvidia Control Panel shows for my PC monitor the modelines I set for my HDTV, this causes me some issues when loading content on my PC. Did I miss something?

https://pasteboard.co/IfMcjbB.png
05-22-2019, 02:50 PM
(05-22-2019 01:40 PM)Dogway Wrote:  So the "LCD Standard" is just a formalism we shouldn't care at all?
Standards are most likely to work, but if you're trying custom resolutions, there's no guarantee any particular timing parameters will work anyway.

(05-22-2019 01:40 PM)Dogway Wrote:  Also wanted to ask if what is shown in the image is correct. The Nvidia Control Panel shows for my PC monitor the modelines I set for my HDTV, this causes me some issues when loading content on my PC. Did I miss something?

https://pasteboard.co/IfMcjbB.png
Is it showing the added resolutions on both the PC monitor and the HDTV? That has to be a driver bug.
05-22-2019, 09:45 PM
I've been trying to set a resolution in CRU. One thing i'm having issues is trying to create it as a recommended display. It seems like it still defaults to the 3k x 2k display. Below is a link to the problem. I can't tell if it is an AMD card issue or if it would be something solved in CRU?

https://imgur.com/2Zul5SG
05-22-2019, 09:46 PM
restart64/restart64 switch to close window?
Is there a command line switch for restart64 to automatically close/not
leave open the window?

When I use my HDMI switch to switch to my Windows 7 PC running Intel 530
graphics from either my Roku or Shield TV I need to use restart64 to restore
the video. Restart64 leaves a small window open.

Is there a command line switch to automatically close the window?

I use a keyboard shortcut to run restart64. I could use a shortcut to
run a batch file.

Is there a document for CRU/restsrt/restart64?
05-23-2019, 01:54 PM
(05-22-2019 09:46 PM)jea101 Wrote:  Is there a command line switch for restart64 to automatically close/not
leave open the window?
Either rename it to restart-only.exe or pass it the -q parameter. That's the only command-line option. CRU doesn't have command-line options.
05-23-2019, 01:56 PM
(05-22-2019 09:45 PM)tsmoothie Wrote:  I've been trying to set a resolution in CRU. One thing i'm having issues is trying to create it as a recommended display. It seems like it still defaults to the 3k x 2k display. Below is a link to the problem. I can't tell if it is an AMD card issue or if it would be something solved in CRU?

https://imgur.com/2Zul5SG
Edit the extension block and edit the TV resolutions data block. If you see anything in bold, edit it and disable the "Native format" option. See if that makes a difference.
05-23-2019, 02:31 PM
Hi all! I need your help. I have a RX 580 8Gb with a Lenovo y27f monitor that I bought a month ago for only 183€. I'm really happy with it, so I decided to search another one because I live in 2 different home during the week.

I have found a Lenovo y27G monitor in Amazon for 163€ "like new", so I bought it today. Even I know it's a Gsync monitor and I have a AMD gcard, I'm going to keep it if it's all okay.

But, my question is if there's any possibility to use Custom Resolution Utility and make a "FreeSync" option with this Gsync monitor. At least, it goes to 144hz but I don't know if it matters. I really want to keep that monitor for the prize. Here in Spain 144hz monitor are more than 200€.

Thanks a lot for your help!
05-23-2019, 03:17 PM
Thanks
- q does exactly what I want Smile