Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
12-30-2020, 10:46 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(12-30-2020 09:19 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-30-2020 06:46 PM)jcarrz1 Wrote:  I fixed it by adding a displayId extension. Don't think anything else mattered.

New question, "LCD Reduced" is working for 90hz (higher than I achieved with nvidia control panel). The colors are perfect, no artifacts. However, on this new CRU preset (and the 87 I'd come up with in nvidia control panel) the rightmost column of pixels is either pink or white all the way down the right side of my monitor. I think it's just 1 pixel column, maybe 2, very thin.

Is this a common artifact? Does it mean i'm pushing the display too hard? everything else about the image is great.
That's not a common artifact for that monitor, and that monitor can easily handle more than 90 Hz. You might be hitting the limits of the adapter. The adapter might not be converting the signal correctly.

I'm curious about the limits you're hitting. Normally that kind of adapter is limited to 357 MHz pixel clock with 8 bpc color and 476 MHz with 6 bpc, so I'm not sure where 87 Hz comes from. Whatever the case, the limit is probably related to the pixel clock and how much the adapter can handle.

"LCD reduced" also matches "LCD standard" at 2560x1440 @ 90 Hz, so I'm wondering how you got more with CRU than the NVIDIA control panel. The same timing parameters should work the same with both. The NVIDIA control panel matches "LCD native" by default, or the same as clicking "Add..." and changing only the refresh rate. "LCD standard" actually increases the vertical blanking with the refresh rate, so that should get you less.

I also don't understand why adding a DisplayID extension block would make a difference. Was there a "Default extension block" by default? That monitor incorrectly reports having an extension block when it doesn't, but CRU has automatic workarounds for that if it can read the extension block and see there's no data.

I'll mess with standard and see if I can push it higher, thanks. I will have to live with the limitations of this adapter, I guess. Can I lower the bpc myself to push the framerate?

No, there was not any extension at all by default, I had to add it myself before the new refresh rates showed up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2020, 11:30 PM
(12-30-2020 10:46 PM)jcarrz1 Wrote:  I'll mess with standard and see if I can push it higher, thanks. I will have to live with the limitations of this adapter, I guess. Can I lower the bpc myself to push the framerate?

No, there was not any extension at all by default, I had to add it myself before the new refresh rates showed up.
The color depth should automatically reduce to 6 bpc beyond 360 MHz pixel clock.

That's weird about the extension block. I haven't heard of that problem before. You shouldn't need a DisplayID extension block with that monitor.
01-01-2021, 03:46 PM
I just want to say thank you again Toasty! So far the 48gbps dat file is working for me.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-01-2021, 04:10 PM
Hi hoping for some help I recently upgraded my gpu to aorus xtreme 3080 and have been having problems with nvidia surround (triple g32qc monitors) surround works fine when using 3 display ports but cant run vr without disabling surround and switching cables so need to use hdmi for monitors. but when using the 3 hdmi ports the wrong resolutions appears and it goes to one monitor. I have searched through lots of the the forum and tried deleting all tv resolutions and entering one detailed resolution 2560x1440 and deleting 4:2:0 blocks. on the gpu I believe the 3 hdmi ports are 2 x hdmi 2.1 and 1 x hdmi 2 not sure if that is causing the issue. after setting correct detailed resolution it appears correctly in physx 7680x1440 but as soon as you enable it goes back to one monitor. I have spent several weeks trying to sort it out If I cant sort it out soon then I they will be going up for sale. hopefully there might be something I am missing.
.bin  current.bin (Size: 256 bytes / Downloads: 277)
01-01-2021, 11:14 PM
(01-01-2021 04:10 PM)simracer Wrote:  Hi hoping for some help I recently upgraded my gpu to aorus xtreme 3080 and have been having problems with nvidia surround (triple g32qc monitors) surround works fine when using 3 display ports but cant run vr without disabling surround and switching cables so need to use hdmi for monitors. but when using the 3 hdmi ports the wrong resolutions appears and it goes to one monitor. I have searched through lots of the the forum and tried deleting all tv resolutions and entering one detailed resolution 2560x1440 and deleting 4:2:0 blocks. on the gpu I believe the 3 hdmi ports are 2 x hdmi 2.1 and 1 x hdmi 2 not sure if that is causing the issue. after setting correct detailed resolution it appears correctly in physx 7680x1440 but as soon as you enable it goes back to one monitor. I have spent several weeks trying to sort it out If I cant sort it out soon then I they will be going up for sale. hopefully there might be something I am missing.
You should report this to NVIDIA. A couple of other people mentioned this happening when using Surround with HDMI on 3000-series cards.
01-02-2021, 06:17 AM
I will report it to them although founders editions dont have 3 hdmi ports. which is why i bought the aorus xtreme. was hoping it may be something else that I missed or that needs editing in the hdmi 2.1 ?
01-03-2021, 12:35 PM
Hi

I have tried to Displayscale on my Monitor and tried different resolutions 1728 x 1080 rn. But as soon as i restart my PC the display is very dark and i have to change the refreshrate. I have an AOC C24G1 can someone help me out please?

Thanks for reading and sorry for my disgusting englisch.
01-04-2021, 12:27 AM
(01-03-2021 12:35 PM)Slushy Wrote:  I have tried to Displayscale on my Monitor and tried different resolutions 1728 x 1080 rn. But as soon as i restart my PC the display is very dark and i have to change the refreshrate. I have an AOC C24G1 can someone help me out please?
Do you have an AMD GPU? AMD's driver has a bug that causes the display to dim after booting if any EDID override is present, but the problem doesn't affect everyone, so I don't know what conditions trigger the bug. Running restart64.exe to restart the driver should work around the problem, but you'll have to do that after every boot. Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Win+B might also work.
01-05-2021, 01:24 AM
How do I change my native resolution? my graphics card thinks that my native resolution is 1024x768 and monitor's native resolution is 1366x768.

this are my default cru settings:

[Image: qylmGzG]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-05-2021, 03:45 AM
(01-05-2021 01:24 AM)choichoi10 Wrote:  How do I change my native resolution? my graphics card thinks that my native resolution is 1024x768 and monitor's native resolution is 1366x768.
Make it the first detailed resolution.