Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
07-29-2020, 05:29 PM (Last edited: 07-29-2020, 08:40 PM by wild0077)
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(07-19-2020 04:21 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  The blacking out sounds like a signal quality problem, or the monitor can't handle the resolution.

So... I just got myself a new DP cable, out of the box it just looked more "serious" than the one I was using, it's about 2 to 3 times thicker as well, but even so, I was still expecting it to behave just like the other (lower expectations, less frustrations xD).

Except it didn't behave like before... first thing I notice is the post screen: it used to "glitch out" a little during post and boot, like flashing dots in the background, from day 1 using the previous cable, but when it loaded up the system the image would go perfect again. Well this time, the image is flawless during post and boot as well. Went to mess around with CRU again, 3440x1440 @ 75Hz and it works like a dream, no more flashing or image glitches, I was able to make it work on the 1st try!

Obviously I tried 3840x1600 @ 75Hz, and, oh my, it works as well... nVidia Panel says 10bit RGB, watched a few HDR movies and Youtube videos, played a couple of games, ran a few tests from TestUFO, and everything seems perfect so far.

Turns out you, Sir, were right indeed xD. Curiously enough, I ended up paying less for this new, much better cable, than I did on the previous one lol...

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2020, 11:54 PM (Last edited: 07-30-2020, 12:05 AM by nolive721)
(07-29-2020 04:36 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-29-2020 02:22 PM)nolive721 Wrote:  Yes 3monitors are hdmi but my VEGA GPU has DP ports so i use active convertor on each minitor

I can set each monitor fresync in the extension block while eyefinity is not yet created

After i set eyefinity then i open CRU to edit the freesync range but nothing is available in extension block except this defaut thing but no entry for freesync frequency
So it's creating separate monitor entries when Eyefinity is enabled? Then copy and paste the non-Eyefinity entries to the Eyefinity-enabled ones.
Thanks again

Yes after creating the eyefinity group and strarting CRU there is one new entry that appears as active as you see in my snapshot

The monitor name is the one that i set as prefered display in the RADEON drivers user interface

I have limited knowledge of your software abiut copy paste features but i will try to translate what you are saying
07-30-2020, 04:50 AM
Hi Toasty,

I'm trying to increase my refresh rate on my laptop screen with CRU, but the screen just blanks (black screen) when I apply the custom resolution after creating it and rebooting. The strange thing is, this happens even if I create and use a profile that has a lower refresh rate than 60hz (eg. 55hz) with the same resolution; it seems like my display is locked to 60hz and can't be increased or decreased. How should I do this?

Laptop Specs:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz, 1498 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics

Default Resolution: 1920x1080 @ 60hz

Panel Name: BOE0812

GPU Driver Version: 27.20.100.8476
07-30-2020, 02:35 PM
(07-30-2020 04:50 AM)scdwcd Wrote:  I'm trying to increase my refresh rate on my laptop screen with CRU, but the screen just blanks (black screen) when I apply the custom resolution after creating it and rebooting. The strange thing is, this happens even if I create and use a profile that has a lower refresh rate than 60hz (eg. 55hz) with the same resolution; it seems like my display is locked to 60hz and can't be increased or decreased. How should I do this?
You can't.
07-30-2020, 06:16 PM
(07-30-2020 02:35 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-30-2020 04:50 AM)scdwcd Wrote:  I'm trying to increase my refresh rate on my laptop screen with CRU, but the screen just blanks (black screen) when I apply the custom resolution after creating it and rebooting. The strange thing is, this happens even if I create and use a profile that has a lower refresh rate than 60hz (eg. 55hz) with the same resolution; it seems like my display is locked to 60hz and can't be increased or decreased. How should I do this?
You can't.

Damn.

Thanks for letting me know though Big Grin
07-31-2020, 10:29 AM
Hi,
I need help with choosing a timing.
My 1080p monitor work at 75Hz only with LCD reduced.
My question is if i want custom resolution 960x720 at 75Hz and it works with all three LCD timings which I should choose. Is there an advantage of using a lower pixel clock with lower blanking or should I use higher pixel clock if the monitor handle it?
07-31-2020, 12:22 PM
(07-31-2020 10:29 AM)czechleader Wrote:  Hi,
I need help with choosing a timing.
My 1080p monitor work at 75Hz only with LCD reduced.
My question is if i want custom resolution 960x720 at 75Hz and it works with all three LCD timings which I should choose. Is there an advantage of using a lower pixel clock with lower blanking or should I use higher pixel clock if the monitor handle it?
It doesn't really matter. I would use "LCD standard" so the video card can clock down when idle. Lower pixel clock doesn't really have an advantage unless you're hitting limits.
07-31-2020, 01:19 PM
hello

my 1st attempt, I copied pasted 1 single monitor settings with extended freesync 42-75Hz into the Eyefinity created via RADEON UI

it looks like an extension block was indeed created and frequency range is matching the single monitor one, and I can see 42-75Hz showing in the RADEON UI

https://imgur.com/erJKjRk

but then I reboot and bang, its back to 48-75Hz so what have I missed then?
07-31-2020, 06:06 PM
(07-31-2020 01:19 PM)nolive721 Wrote:  hello

my 1st attempt, I copied pasted 1 single monitor settings with extended freesync 42-75Hz into the Eyefinity created via RADEON UI

it looks like an extension block was indeed created and frequency range is matching the single monitor one, and I can see 42-75Hz showing in the RADEON UI

https://imgur.com/erJKjRk

but then I reboot and bang, its back to 48-75Hz so what have I missed then?
Did you paste to all the monitor entries? If so, I don't think you missed anything. It's probably a driver bug.
08-01-2020, 11:00 PM
I am sorry i am not sure how to verify all this. I copy 1 monitor entry and it was fine

If i try the 2nd monitor it looks like it does add nothing in ectension block because it says 2 slots still available