Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
08-02-2020, 12:20 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(08-01-2020 11:00 PM)nolive721 Wrote:  I am sorry i am not sure how to verify all this. I copy 1 monitor entry and it was fine

If i try the 2nd monitor it looks like it does add nothing in ectension block because it says 2 slots still available
You said you have three monitors. Did you paste the same configuration to all three monitors both with and without Eyefinity?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2020, 02:36 AM
No
What i did is for each monitor just extending the freesync range to 42 75hz in the extension block section

2 monitors on side are dell same model and i have 1 acer as center

All are 1089p 48 75hz freesync spec

You mean i have to copy 1 monitor cru setting to the 2 others then create eyefinity?
08-02-2020, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone and ToastyX offcorse! I had a big problem since 3 weeks, i dont know whats happend with my monitor. After tryng cru the first it was no problem, but i just wanna playing with gpu scaling anyways for afraid to damage, and so turn to default and i can make it, but 2ndtime with restart.all, uninstalling pnp monitor, restart pc or doing with 64. It figure its back to normal. But i have input delay right now writing this and playing is awfull, its working too bad. I did a vsynctester and
fluctuates all the time between 190 and 239 constantly. It is possible is broken? I check everything. And did a clean install windows(2004) after 1 week if i can fix it but nothing, could be bug with previous 1909 win? my disks are ok, cpu too, it could be good to buy another DVI cable? Thanks 4 listening! I really appreciate the support Peace for all (=
08-02-2020, 12:27 PM
(08-02-2020 02:36 AM)nolive721 Wrote:  No
What i did is for each monitor just extending the freesync range to 42 75hz in the extension block section

2 monitors on side are dell same model and i have 1 acer as center

All are 1089p 48 75hz freesync spec

You mean i have to copy 1 monitor cru setting to the 2 others then create eyefinity?
You said it creates new monitor entries when you enable FreeSync. Did you paste the configuration to the new monitor entries?
08-02-2020, 12:37 PM
(08-02-2020 09:44 AM)rayito Wrote:  Hi everyone and ToastyX offcorse! I had a big problem since 3 weeks, i dont know whats happend with my monitor. After tryng cru the first it was no problem, but i just wanna playing with gpu scaling anyways for afraid to damage, and so turn to default and i can make it, but 2ndtime with restart.all, uninstalling pnp monitor, restart pc or doing with 64. It figure its back to normal. But i have input delay right now writing this and playing is awfull, its working too bad. I did a vsynctester and
fluctuates all the time between 190 and 239 constantly. It is possible is broken? I check everything. And did a clean install windows(2004) after 1 week if i can fix it but nothing, could be bug with previous 1909 win? my disks are ok, cpu too, it could be good to buy another DVI cable? Thanks 4 listening! I really appreciate the support Peace for all (=
I don't know what you're saying. Software can't cause system-wide input lag unless there's a graphics driver bug. That would require buffering mouse movements at the driver level. The cable can't cause lag either. VsyncTester fluctuation would be a software issue, not an indication of lag. Try testufo.com instead.
08-02-2020, 01:05 PM (Last edited: 08-02-2020, 05:59 PM by pj-2020)
Hi ToastyX!
Need help from experienced people here.
Year or so I have used CRU to modify edid info to force idle VRAM clocks down (at default they stayed always max).
But recently i have encoutered weird and annoying GPU behavior. When monitor in stand-by state, after timeout (20 min), i am unable to wake it up with keyboard/mouse. Just heard one sound (just as when new device connected, not two as it should) and that's all. The monitor just showing black screen with horizontal bars sometimes flicker.
The only way one may wake it up is turn OFF/ON the monitor. When i change timings such way, that MCLK is back to max (1750Mhz) - the original behavior is back, i.e. the monitor wakes up when kb/mouse event occured.
If there's a way to aviod choosing from either working monitor power saver function or 200Mhz idle MCLK clock ?
Thanks!
----------------------------
Monitor Samsung C32H711 - connected via DP cable. CRU settings below
Drivers 20.7.2

PS: Sorry, edited for inaccuracy found describing a matter
08-02-2020, 01:38 PM
(08-02-2020 01:05 PM)pj-2020 Wrote:  Hi ToastyX!
Need help from experienced people here.
Year or so I have used CRU to modify edid info to force idle VRAM clocks down (at default they stayed always max).
But recently i have encoutered weird and annoying GPU behavior. When monitor in stand-by state, after timeout (20 min), i am unable to wake it up. Just heard one sound (just as when new device connected, not two as it should) and that's all. The monitor just showing black screen with horizontal bars sometimes flicker.
The only way one may wake it up is when i change timings such way, that MCLK is back to max (1750Mhz)
If there's a way to aviod choosing from either working monitor power saver function or 200Mhz idle MCLK clock ?
Thanks!
----------------------------
Monitor Samsung C32H711 - connected via DP cable. CRU settings below
That shouldn't happen unless there's a driver bug.
08-02-2020, 06:15 PM
(08-02-2020 12:37 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(08-02-2020 09:44 AM)rayito Wrote:  Hi everyone and ToastyX offcorse! I had a big problem since 3 weeks, i dont know whats happend with my monitor. After tryng cru the first it was no problem, but i just wanna playing with gpu scaling anyways for afraid to damage, and so turn to default and i can make it, but 2ndtime with restart.all, uninstalling pnp monitor, restart pc or doing with 64. It figure its back to normal. But i have input delay right now writing this and playing is awfull, its working too bad. I did a vsynctester and
I don't know what you're saying. Software can't cause system-wide input lag unless there's a graphics driver bug. That would require buffering mouse movements at the driver level. The cable can't cause lag either. VsyncTester fluctuation would be a software issue, not an indication of lag. Try testufo.com instead.

Thx 4 answer! i just tryng to say i did succesfully one time a custom resolution and it works well. But 2nd one doesnt. And i have that issue, very important. So cru is could be cause this graphic driver bug? In that case, can i fix it? how? Same with DVI cable, cru could be "break it" the cable? Maybe a need new one? And last one, cru could be my monitor break? Im so sad )= i worked a year to buy this monitor and now in argentina cost 5 times more. And now without a job 4 cuarentine, fuck.. i just give up.. its definitly broken )'=
08-02-2020, 07:18 PM
(08-02-2020 06:15 PM)rayito Wrote:  Thx 4 answer! i just tryng to say i did succesfully one time a custom resolution and it works well. But 2nd one doesnt. And i have that issue, very important. So cru is could be cause this graphic driver bug? In that case, can i fix it? how? Same with DVI cable, cru could be "break it" the cable? Maybe a need new one? And last one, cru could be my monitor break? Im so sad )= i worked a year to buy this monitor and now in argentina cost 5 times more. And now without a job 4 cuarentine, fuck.. i just give up.. its definitly broken )'=
No, CRU doesn't cause driver bugs or break cables. Again, the cable can't cause lag. Lag requires some kind of processing. Just in case it's a monitor firmware glitch, try unplugging the monitor's power for a minute. If that doesn't help, try reinstalling the graphics driver after using DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driv...aller-ddu-
08-02-2020, 10:28 PM (Last edited: 08-02-2020, 10:36 PM by rayito)
(08-02-2020 07:18 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(08-02-2020 06:15 PM)rayito Wrote:  Thx 4 answer! i just tryng to say i did succesfully one time a custom resolution and it works well. But 2nd one doesnt. And i have that issue, very important. So cru is could be cause this graphic driver bug? In that case, can i fix it? how? Same with DVI cable, cru could be "break it" the cable? Maybe a need new one? And last one, cru could be my monitor break? Im so sad )= i worked a year to buy this monitor and now in argentina cost 5 times more. And now without a job 4 cuarentine, fuck.. i just give up.. its definitly broken )'=
No, CRU doesn't cause driver bugs or break cables. Again, the cable can't cause lag. Lag requires some kind of processing. Just in case it's a monitor firmware glitch, try unplugging the monitor's power for a minute. If that doesn't help, try reinstalling the graphics driver after using DDU: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/display-driv...aller-ddu-

mkey..i already tried unplagguin the cable and nothing, ill try with DDU but i have afraid it happenin somthing. Its secure use that utility? And one more thing, its possible my monitor its broken because of CRU? I never had a black screen, but after usin cru when i change resolutions its look like rare.. like thats never happaned before, but i still look well, i can change the resolutions and refresh rate. I tinks its broken )= i tried everything except DDU utility