Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
11-22-2020, 01:38 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(11-22-2020 01:07 AM)lnxneo Wrote:  Yes, It has HDMI data block.
Edit the HDMI data block, and make sure the "Override maximum pixel clock" is enabled and set to 340 MHz.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-2020, 02:48 AM
(11-21-2020 05:12 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-21-2020 03:31 PM)misumiya8 Wrote:  I want make QHD 168 hz Configuration. How should I set each value?
Use the timing options. You'll have to use a DisplayID extension block.

Thanks for the infomation. Where I can get DisplayID extension block?
11-22-2020, 02:59 AM
(11-22-2020 02:48 AM)misumiya8 Wrote:  Thanks for the infomation. Where I can get DisplayID extension block?
Add an extension block and change the type.
11-22-2020, 02:14 PM
Hi. Faced with such a problem. I put cru on the laptop and tried to overclock the monitor. Deleted cru and turned off the computer. In the evening I came, I connect the second monitor, but the system does not see it. More precisely, it is detected, but there is no image. Already reinstalled Windows, but there is no sense. Help
11-22-2020, 07:04 PM
(11-15-2020 01:37 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-14-2020 09:40 PM)AchillesBoi Wrote:  I am using DisplayPort, and even though it loses connection when I turn the monitor off the resolution stays the same if I use default settings. The moment I use CRU the resolution will go all the way down when I turn the monitor off, so I am absolutely sure CRU is doing something here.

I have not tried with HDMI, but I hear DisplayPort is much better so I intend to use that. I have tried deleting all data from CRU: Established resolutions, Standard resolutions, Extension blocks, and all Detailed resolutions except for my OC, just to see if one of them is the culprit. Turns out it still suffers the bug regardless of what I put in CRU. If I touch anything in the slightest, even if I don't overclock anything, it will "activate" the bug.

Maybe CRU is missing an important Extension block that it's not adding by default?
The dimming is a driver bug for sure. Running restart64.exe or pressing Win+Shift+Ctrl+B proves this. I think the bug is related to higher color depths with FreeSync. Can you export a file after running reset-all.exe and restarting so I can take a look?

The windows resizing is a Windows+DisplayPort limitation. When the monitor is turned off with DisplayPort, it disconnects, so Windows moves all the windows to a virtual monitor. I don't know how it decides what resolution to use for the virtual monitor, but it's not something CRU can control. This is a common problem even for people not using CRU. I've seen people post various solutions, but they don't seem to work for all cases. Here's one example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...157334bb2f

CRU includes all extension blocks even if it doesn't know what it is. Unsupported extension blocks are listed as "Other extension block (##)". If CRU can't read an extension block, it will be listed as "Default extension block". CEA-861 and DisplayID are the only ones commonly used, and CRU supports both. CRU also preserves data blocks that haven't been edited.

Sorry for the late response. I've exported the file after using restart-64.exe and I have attached it to this reply (I think). Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.

Attached File(s)
.bin  default.bin (Size: 256 bytes / Downloads: 258)
11-22-2020, 07:17 PM
(11-22-2020 07:04 PM)AchillesBoi Wrote:  Sorry for the late response. I've exported the file after using restart-64.exe and I have attached it to this reply (I think). Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.
Is this with DisplayPort? Try deleting the HDMI data block in the extension block. I don't know why some DisplayPort monitors include that block.

If that doesn't help, try importing this with "Import complete EDID" enabled:

.bin  et322qu-8bpc.bin (Size: 256 bytes / Downloads: 295)

That should remove 10 bpc color, which might work around the driver bug.
11-22-2020, 07:17 PM
(11-22-2020 02:14 PM)Spl_King Wrote:  Hi. Faced with such a problem. I put cru on the laptop and tried to overclock the monitor. Deleted cru and turned off the computer. In the evening I came, I connect the second monitor, but the system does not see it. More precisely, it is detected, but there is no image. Already reinstalled Windows, but there is no sense. Help
What monitor did you try to overclock, the laptop screen or the second monitor? CRU does not affect the hardware, so nothing should persist after reinstalling Windows.
11-23-2020, 11:33 AM (Last edited: 11-23-2020, 11:34 AM by AchillesBoi)
(11-22-2020 07:17 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-22-2020 07:04 PM)AchillesBoi Wrote:  Sorry for the late response. I've exported the file after using restart-64.exe and I have attached it to this reply (I think). Thank you for the help, I really appreciate it.
Is this with DisplayPort? Try deleting the HDMI data block in the extension block. I don't know why some DisplayPort monitors include that block.

If that doesn't help, try importing this with "Import complete EDID" enabled:

That should remove 10 bpc color, which might work around the driver bug.

I tried removing the HDMI data block, same results. I tried using the profile you provided, same results. I tried manually selecting 8 bpc from Radeon Settings while on an overclocked profile, same results.

It seems like any change I make in CRU, no matter how big or small, will trigger the bug. Even if I only delete things instead of adding or editing them it will trigger the bug. If I so much as touch the EDID it will trigger the bug.

A new driver version came out recently and I clean-installed it but the bug is still present. I downgraded to several older versions from months ago to try to find one that works but the bug is present in all driver versions. The only way to avoid the bug is to use reset-all.exe then restart-64.exe (or reboot) and then not use CRU at all.

(I am using DisplayPort)
11-23-2020, 06:52 PM
(11-23-2020 11:33 AM)AchillesBoi Wrote:  A new driver version came out recently and I clean-installed it but the bug is still present. I downgraded to several older versions from months ago to try to find one that works but the bug is present in all driver versions. The only way to avoid the bug is to use reset-all.exe then restart-64.exe (or reboot) and then not use CRU at all.
In Radeon Settings, under Settings (cogwheel at the top-right), Graphics, Advanced (at the bottom), do you have an option for 10-bit pixel format? If so, try enabling it.

I think the last driver that didn't have this issue was 19.2.1, but Windows 10 will automatically upgrade to a newer driver if you install a version that's too old.
11-25-2020, 02:59 AM (Last edited: 11-25-2020, 03:06 AM by XAGMNINETY)
75 Hz Frame skipping?
Hey all,

Found this awesome utility, and I'm super stoked about it TBH.

My 144 Hz 1080p laptop, with a 1660 Ti graphics card, only had 60 and 144 Hz officially supported by the panel and the manufacturer. With this, I've also gotten 90 and 120 Hz options working great with both this tool:

https://www.testufo.com/framerates#count...rs&pps=960

and in short tests in games, with zero issues. For what it's worth, I like to have intermediary refresh rates to prevent stutter, so that different games can always run at the monitor's refresh (for example, F1 games and GRID Autosport are a solid 120Hz target, while Forza Horizon 4 can hit 90 Hz on my machine with Ultra~modified settings).

However, the one framerate I can't get to work is 75 Hz, my desktop monitor's refresh. Every time I attempt to input that refresh, the display seems to show only every other frame, or at 37.5 FPS. In the Blur Busters Test UFO tool I posted above, the 38 Hz and the 75 Hz UFO scrolls look identical.

Bizarrely, on the left hand side of the tool, it seems as if 75 Hz should be supported with no issues, as it is there for a couple of different non-16:9 resolutions. I also tried 72 Hz to see if it was something with matching the refresh of the panel, but no luck either. Although this resolution is currently in the "extension" section (and had been previously put in Standard Resolution as well), I've tried it in the proper "detailed" section slot with no luck either.

*EDIT*: No, it does look like the "extension" section is the problem, the first time must have been a bug/not gone through properly. I've replaced my 90 Hz slot with 75 Hz and it's now working properly and smoothly. So, it seems as if I currently have 4 working "detailed resolution" slots, but none of the "extension" slots work. Is there any way to get more "detailed resolution" slots, or fix the issue with the "extensions" so that they behave similarly?

Any help would be appreciated, as this would be the last resolution I need.

Thanks.

X