Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
12-16-2020, 02:49 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(12-15-2020 06:59 AM)ship1666 Wrote:  I follow your steps and what happen is I get the collect resolution to choose in NV surround after boot up. However, after I click apply, only one TV has signal and others two still has no signal.
Something is wrong then. What kind of adapters are you using? You might need active adapters for Surround to work with three monitors.

(12-15-2020 06:59 AM)ship1666 Wrote:  PS. 5. Delete any 4:2:0 resolutions and capability map data blocks if they exist
- It means I have to delete the whole Video Capability and 4:2:0 Resolutions in Data Blocks right?
You don't need to delete the video capability data block. Only 4:2:0 resolutions and 4:2:0 capability map if it exists.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2020, 02:49 AM
(12-14-2020 11:46 PM)Epic753 Wrote:  Edit: I set CRU back to default settings and disabled g-sync in nvidia control panel. The exact issue occurred again with same nvlddmkm fault.

I have re-installed CRU patch and turned g-sync back on thank you

[b]With custom CRU settings to the following I do not get black screens:
I would try stress testing the GPU with CRU in effect just to make sure the GPU is not faulty. Try letting Unigine Heaven run overnight: https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven
12-16-2020, 07:28 AM
(12-16-2020 02:49 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-15-2020 06:59 AM)ship1666 Wrote:  I follow your steps and what happen is I get the collect resolution to choose in NV surround after boot up. However, after I click apply, only one TV has signal and others two still has no signal.
Something is wrong then. What kind of adapters are you using? You might need active adapters for Surround to work with three monitors.

(12-15-2020 06:59 AM)ship1666 Wrote:  PS. 5. Delete any 4:2:0 resolutions and capability map data blocks if they exist
- It means I have to delete the whole Video Capability and 4:2:0 Resolutions in Data Blocks right?
You don't need to delete the video capability data block. Only 4:2:0 resolutions and 4:2:0 capability map if it exists.

Hi ToastyX

I attach the adaptor picture here. I use three of them connecting to my RTX3080, it is just a normal cheap adaptor.

I am also curious that the problem comes from the adaptors. Therefore, I am looking forward to get two 2.1 hdmi to testing two screens surround (my GPU has only 2 hdmi ports) If it works, it means the problem comes from adaptors right? If it work, I plan to use 2 hdmi port and 1 display port to run triple screens. Therefore, I have to find one more reliable adaptor.

From your experience, can you suggest the adaptor (display port to hdmi) that works with NV surround? I find one from Club3d (display port to 2.1 hdmi). I am not sure it is gonna work or not.

Anyway, thank for your help, I am really appreciated

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-16-2020, 09:42 AM
Hey ToastyX - I am kinda curious on something with the new 360Hz monitors;

[Image: vSxe430.png]

There seems to be not a single 360Hz resolution in the entire extension block displayed, the VRR ranges are indicated as 1-255 as well and lastly, why does detailed resolution showcase 60Hz and also I am not able to create a 360Hz profile no matter what.

In windows my display states as 360.113 - but through NVIDIAs custom resolution in NVCP, I changed my refresh rate to a round 360 and had it work out with CVT Reduced Blank timings set to Auto. The reason why I am primarily curious about all this, is because I've seen many manufacturers out of box at default run something like 239.760 for the 240Hz monitors etc, whenever I changed this to a round 240 with LCD Native in CRU - I'd have a very different game feel when utilizing the monitor. It was as if it got a lot, lot more smooth/responsive/fast. Odd, just curious if you had any answers or knowledge regarding stuff like this or if it's pure placebo. (also curious about the 360Hz thing, maybe CRU isn't supported yet for those monitors out of the box information?)
12-16-2020, 03:24 PM (Last edited: 12-16-2020, 03:46 PM by mathieulhe)
(12-09-2020 03:18 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-09-2020 08:34 AM)traderdude123 Wrote:  can you tell me if the TV can support 4k/100hz/ycbcr444/12bpc from this file?

if the TV can support it , then its clearly a driver issue. Then the ball falls in the nvidia's court.
Oh, I do see something that would limit the maximum FRL rate to 40 Gbps. I didn't know what that was for because I don't have the HDMI 2.1 specs, but your comment about FRL helped me make the connection. CRU doesn't have a way to edit any of the HDMI 2.1 features yet, but it can import the changes.

Try importing this file:

Hi, I have tried your file and it works great at 4k 12bits 120fps, but as soon as I apply the file in CRU and run reset64, the "enable g-sync" option from the nvidia control panel disappears, almost as if the gpu driver does not detect the display as g-sync compatible.

I just attached the original edid exported using cru.

Attached File(s)
.dat  lg-cx-40gbps.dat (Size: 985 bytes / Downloads: 280)
12-16-2020, 04:37 PM (Last edited: 12-16-2020, 04:53 PM by Stagefire82)
LG CX

4K + 120hz + 4:4:4/RGB + 12 Bit = Lose Gsync

Exactly this i can confirm .. a Guy on Reddit made a Post about that CRU Profil from you ToastyX
https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED_Gaming/com..._on_lg_cx/

But when i Import the CRU Profil for 12 Bit for the CX the Option to Activate Gsync in the Nvidia Control Panel are gone.
And a Freesync Line ( 24-120 FPS ) appears in the "Detailed resolution" List in CRU ... this Freesync Line is not there with the Original Profil
of mine 48CX.

4K + 120hz + 4:4:4 + 12 Bit Works ... but than Gsync Compatible no longer works.

As a Info :

LG C9 ( 2019 ) has Full 48 Gbit/s Bandwidth
LG CX ( 2020 ) has Officially only 40 Gbit/s Bandwidth

Officially Max. Settings :

C9 : 4K + 120hz + RGB/4:4:4 + 12 Bit ( 48 Gbit/s )
CX : 4K + 120hz + RGB/4:4:4 + 10 Bit ( 40 Gbit/s )
12-16-2020, 06:04 PM (Last edited: 12-16-2020, 06:15 PM by Epic753)
(12-16-2020 02:49 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(12-14-2020 11:46 PM)Epic753 Wrote:  Edit: I set CRU back to default settings and disabled g-sync in nvidia control panel. The exact issue occurred again with same nvlddmkm fault.

I have re-installed CRU patch and turned g-sync back on thank you

[b]With custom CRU settings to the following I do not get black screens:
I would try stress testing the GPU with CRU in effect just to make sure the GPU is not faulty. Try letting Unigine Heaven run overnight: https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven

With CRU in effect and run free Heaven about 9 hrs. overnight zero failures monitored with hwinfo64.

Max GPU temp 74c, CPU (highest of CPU sensors) 65c

Ran Heaven benchmark after stress test:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lFviPHw...sp=sharing

BTW Lenovo says new Firmware in testing for my Y27Q20 monitor - this monitor has known black screen issues past year w/10xx series nvidia cards (I have 3070 but still may apply).

Since CRU clearly masking this issue (and assuming display EDID can change w/new firmware).

Could new monitor firmware be my fix?

BTW sufficient conditions for failure seems web app/software specific esp. Youtube - As you know Youtube video has disparate resolution options for other device drivers firmware to properly navigate.

Also w/CRU in effect monitor audio EDID disabled - possible audio EDID settings conflict w/PC??

PLUS, monitor cannot use HDR 10 bit (limited to SDR 8 bit) w/CRU in effect.

Keep me straight please!! :-)

Ryzen 5 3600x | RTX 3070 FE | MSI Tomahawk X570 | Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 4x8 gb | Seasonic Gold+ 750w | Lenovo Y27Q20 | Windows 10 Pro
12-16-2020, 07:20 PM
Hi. Could you help me with my problem please because i can't sleep anymore Wink

I have a laptop with two graphics one is:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...0-ghz.html

and another is Geforce gtx 760M. I have a monitor connected Aoc U2879VF and the

problem is optimus which force me to use integrated graphics resolution to

3840X2160/30Hz and i would like to 60Hz. I'm using HDMI cable. Have tried your app to set up custom res but no success. Can you help me please? Thanks

that's my 2 post but not sure where should be so i will delete first one Wink
12-16-2020, 07:49 PM
(12-16-2020 07:28 AM)ship1666 Wrote:  I attach the adaptor picture here. I use three of them connecting to my RTX3080, it is just a normal cheap adaptor.

I am also curious that the problem comes from the adaptors. Therefore, I am looking forward to get two 2.1 hdmi to testing two screens surround (my GPU has only 2 hdmi ports) If it works, it means the problem comes from adaptors right? If it work, I plan to use 2 hdmi port and 1 display port to run triple screens. Therefore, I have to find one more reliable adaptor.

From your experience, can you suggest the adaptor (display port to hdmi) that works with NV surround? I find one from Club3d (display port to 2.1 hdmi). I am not sure it is gonna work or not.
That looks like a passive adapter. The problem isn't the adapter itself, but the GPU might have a limitation that won't allow Surround to work with three screens with passive adapters, although I can't find any information about such a limitation with NVIDIA cards. I know AMD cards have such a limitation with Eyefinity. Passive adapters also won't allow the full HDMI 2.1 bandwidth. The Club3D adapter should work since it's an active adapter.
12-16-2020, 07:54 PM
(12-16-2020 09:42 AM)diakou Wrote:  There seems to be not a single 360Hz resolution in the entire extension block displayed, the VRR ranges are indicated as 1-255 as well and lastly, why does detailed resolution showcase 60Hz and also I am not able to create a 360Hz profile no matter what.

In windows my display states as 360.113 - but through NVIDIAs custom resolution in NVCP, I changed my refresh rate to a round 360 and had it work out with CVT Reduced Blank timings set to Auto. The reason why I am primarily curious about all this, is because I've seen many manufacturers out of box at default run something like 239.760 for the 240Hz monitors etc, whenever I changed this to a round 240 with LCD Native in CRU - I'd have a very different game feel when utilizing the monitor. It was as if it got a lot, lot more smooth/responsive/fast. Odd, just curious if you had any answers or knowledge regarding stuff like this or if it's pure placebo. (also curious about the 360Hz thing, maybe CRU isn't supported yet for those monitors out of the box information?)
Refresh rates are arbitrary and don't have to be integers, so I don't see how rounding would make a difference except when displaying fixed frame rates, but then VRR should be able to handle that.

360 Hz is in the second extension block, which is a DisplayID extension block, but CRU can't read more than one extension block with NVIDIA because the driver won't provide it for some reason. NVIDIA also ignores overrides with default extension blocks, so you'll have to delete the default extension block and create one manually, but that might disable VRR. I have an idea to read the extension block directly from the monitor instead, but I'll need someone to test it because I don't have a monitor with 2 extension blocks. Will you be able to run some tests?

The problem with the range limits is they keep coming up with new ways to specify the refresh rate range. I know of three different methods (EDID range limits, AMD FreeSync data block, HDMI 2.1 data block), but your monitor seems to use another method. I don't know why because the EDID range limits can go up to 510 Hz. It might be in the DisplayID extension block, but I just checked the DisplayID standard, and it can't even define a range beyond 255 Hz.