Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
11-16-2021, 03:13 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(11-15-2021 07:12 AM)gowthamn Wrote:  I am trying to get this to work for streaming the desktop using NVidia Gamestream.

Assuming I configure 4k and HDR correctly, how to make sure that moonlight on the client side is reproducing it correctly? This might depend on the client used. The Shield TV for example caps 3440 X 1440 at 50HZ. Even if my monitor and GPU can reach 100HZ. So what is the best client device and the best client software to use to get max performance?

Also, is there a way to quickly switch between different settings? Like if I connect from the TV in the living room then it should be 4k and the one on the bedroom should be 1080p.
I don't have any experience with this. Moonlight should be able to use any resolution that's available, and it supports up to 120 FPS. I don't know anything else beyond that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2021, 05:11 PM
(11-16-2021 03:01 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-15-2021 01:23 PM)d2freak Wrote:  That old bug you speak of, what were the details? Because it sure seems like the bug happens only when Windows starts.
The old bug was if a monitor has an extension block and it is deleted, added resolutions will appear in the Windows display settings but not the NVIDIA control panel, but you're doing the opposite and removing resolutions. CRU 1.3 and later also writes a blank extension block automatically in that case, so it shouldn't happen anymore. The bug triggers when GeForce Experience loads after you log in, or if you scan for new hardware in the device manager. This is 100% an NVIDIA issue and not anything with Windows.

I just wanted to say thanks for pointing me in the right direction. And also in case anyone else with the same problem sees this: it was GeForce experience the whole time. It causes the extra resolutions to show up at startup of the computer.

Solution: Either restart the driver in some way every time you boot the computer or just uninstall GFE. For me, it became the latter.

CRU is working fine now.
11-17-2021, 01:59 AM (Last edited: 11-17-2021, 02:01 AM by windy401)
I tried using this on my new monitor (HP V222vb) and it seemed to work fine going from 60->70hz. However now I notice that windows now calls the monitor "wired display" instead of "HP V222vb" even after restarting and putting everything back to original settings. I'm concerned I may have screwed something up, has anyone seen this happen before, should I be worried?
11-17-2021, 02:49 AM
(11-17-2021 01:59 AM)windy401 Wrote:  I tried using this on my new monitor (HP V222vb) and it seemed to work fine going from 60->70hz. However now I notice that windows now calls the monitor "wired display" instead of "HP V222vb" even after restarting and putting everything back to original settings. I'm concerned I may have screwed something up, has anyone seen this happen before, should I be worried?
Windows should show whatever name is shown in CRU, but you have to make sure the name is showing in the detailed resolutions list. If you add resolutions and it pushes the name off the list, then Windows won't show a name. Nothing you do in CRU should be permanent since it doesn't modify the monitor.
11-17-2021, 03:22 AM
(11-17-2021 02:49 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-17-2021 01:59 AM)windy401 Wrote:  I tried using this on my new monitor (HP V222vb) and it seemed to work fine going from 60->70hz. However now I notice that windows now calls the monitor "wired display" instead of "HP V222vb" even after restarting and putting everything back to original settings. I'm concerned I may have screwed something up, has anyone seen this happen before, should I be worried?
Windows should show whatever name is shown in CRU, but you have to make sure the name is showing in the detailed resolutions list. If you add resolutions and it pushes the name off the list, then Windows won't show a name. Nothing you do in CRU should be permanent since it doesn't modify the monitor.

Hmmm. Looks like the name in there is fine.

"Nothing you do in CRU should be permanent since it doesn't modify the monitor."

Figured as much, but the reassurance is nice, lol.
11-18-2021, 01:39 PM
i accidentally deleted the res at the bottom and i tried restarting manually now my laptop just has a semi-black screen
11-19-2021, 09:48 AM
Hi.

My name is Ingo.

I wanted to setup a TripleScreen with two different Brand of Monitors.
Two Monitor are same Brand Idek Iiyama PL2760Q. Left and Right Monitor.
The other Monitor is AOC AGON AG271QG. Middle Monitor.

All monitors are 1440p, 27" and 144Hz.
I thought this is enough to setup NVIDIA Surround with all three screens.
But is does not work in 144Hz only in 60Hz and I dont know why.
Even if I turn of G-Sync for the AOC and setup same Resolution with 144Hz for all three monitors.

Attached is any overview created with the CRU Tool of my monitors.
Can you tell me by this why I cant activate Nvidia Surround in 144Hzu with all three screens?
Can you maybe also tell what I can do with CRU actually make this work?

Thanks for your support

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Monitor Overview.pdf (Size: 97.21 KB / Downloads: 227)
11-19-2021, 12:41 PM
(11-18-2021 01:39 PM)qeqqq Wrote:  i accidentally deleted the res at the bottom and i tried restarting manually now my laptop just has a semi-black screen

Hello.
At the beginning of this video it is explaind what you can do in your case:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFIzKW00iPo&t=496s
11-20-2021, 09:55 AM
everything works but when i try changing the timing on my resolution it never applies and it goes back to manual instead LCD reduced (1.4.2)
11-21-2021, 03:08 AM
(11-20-2021 09:55 AM)Austeremeh Wrote:  everything works but when i try changing the timing on my resolution it never applies and it goes back to manual instead LCD reduced (1.4.2)
The dialog always opens in manual mode. The timing parameters are saved.