Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
Yesterday, 03:34 AM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(Yesterday 01:32 AM)Loz702 Wrote:  its not too old... my laptop is capable of HDMI 2.0, as i said, its 2K/4K ready
https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GE70-2PL-Apac...cification
4Kx2K output does not mean HDMI 2.0. It means it can output 3840x2160, which you are getting at 30 Hz with HDMI 1.4. 60 Hz with YCbCr/RGB 4:4:4 requires HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.2. You might be able to get 60 Hz with YCbCr 4:2:0 subsampling by adding it in the extension block as a TV resolution with the "4:2:0 resolutions" checkbox, but the driver might ignore that. Since CRU can't read extension blocks with Intel GPUs, you'll also need to manually add an HDMI support data block.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 03:51 AM by Cheffy.)
(Yesterday 03:31 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(Yesterday 02:24 AM)Cheffy Wrote:  What I've tried:

-Edited the detailed profile for monitor at 75hz, selecting "include if slot available".
-Tried different range limits (e.g. 33-75, 40-75, 40-60, etc)
-I've tried adding freesync via an extention block, as well as HDMI/HDMI 2

I've always used the restart-64.exe program in between and/or reset the computer. I have no problem running freesync and extending the range on my second monitor, an LG 27ud58 that natively supports freesync. I've tried all my adjustments with and without the second monitor hooked up.

Am I completely out of luck? I bought this monitor in part because it unofficially supported freesync.
Some cards require you to manually unplug and replug the HDMI cable after adding the FreeSync data block to activate FreeSync unofficially. This has to be done after every reboot. It's better to get an officially-supported FreeSync monitor.

I should've mentioned that I've tried all of the above with both a displayport cable and HDMI. Does displayport not work? I'll try the HDMI unplugging trick but you're right, it's better to get an officially supported monitor. Problem is it's hard to find a 27" 1440p freesync monitor that isn't 144+hz, which boosts the price a lot over this 60/75hz model.
Today, 05:33 AM
(Yesterday 03:50 AM)Cheffy Wrote:  I should've mentioned that I've tried all of the above with both a displayport cable and HDMI. Does displayport not work? I'll try the HDMI unplugging trick but you're right, it's better to get an officially supported monitor. Problem is it's hard to find a 27" 1440p freesync monitor that isn't 144+hz, which boosts the price a lot over this 60/75hz model.
Enabling FreeSync unofficially only works with HDMI.