Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
01-24-2019, 06:02 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(01-24-2019 12:07 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote:  as i sad i do that, but it does NOT show up in display adapter properties so i can select it as refresh rate.
All you said was you changed the FreeSync range. You need to create a detailed resolution to match the maximum refresh rate, 78 Hz.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-2019, 06:05 PM
(01-23-2019 05:11 PM)bilanciamist Wrote:  Hi,
I'd like to set fullRGB output for the HDMI connection in my notebook. It is an "old" Sony Vaio, with Nvidia 330m (driver Nvidia 342.01) and Windows 10.
I followed this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments...vidia_not/

I tried to create a new detailed resolution 1920x1080 PC resolution (native), but it didn't work.
I tried to change a lot of CRU settings.
Maybe it depends on my HDMI port, the extension block or the frequency.

Is there a system to fix this problem?

Thanks
The RGB range is controlled by the driver. There is nothing in the EDID that defines the RGB range. The guide says to use LCD reduced, not LCD native. That will use a different timing standard so the driver treats it as a PC resolution. Make sure to delete the TV resolutions in the extension block as well. The other option is to delete the extension block entirely so it's treated as DVI, but then you will lose audio.
01-24-2019, 06:08 PM
(01-22-2019 11:15 PM)Technologist Wrote:  What about using a Dual Link DVI to DisplayPort 1.4 adaptor? There are ones out that will support 120Hz 1440P and 4K 60Hz now.
The monitor must support the DisplayPort adaptive sync standard for FreeSync to work with NVIDIA.
01-25-2019, 05:46 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility Black Bars
Hello guys,
so i installed the costum resolution utility to play fortnite on stretched mode.
I dont use the trash AMD Adrenaline Software couse it costs me lost of FPS and it makes it impossible to enjoy the game. I made my costum resolution with CRU but when i activate the resolution i get 2 black bars right and left. I tried almost everything to remove those but it feels almost impossible. So i thought just ask on the forum page of the programm itself.

My PC Specs :
Windows 10
AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB
8 Gigs of RAM
120gb SSD
500GB HDD

My montor ist a random 1080p Monitor from Acer bought for 120 euros.

I hope you guys can help me
best wishes
01-25-2019, 06:15 PM
(01-25-2019 05:46 PM)Gohan Wrote:  so i installed the costum resolution utility to play fortnite on stretched mode.
I dont use the trash AMD Adrenaline Software couse it costs me lost of FPS and it makes it impossible to enjoy the game. I made my costum resolution with CRU but when i activate the resolution i get 2 black bars right and left. I tried almost everything to remove those but it feels almost impossible. So i thought just ask on the forum page of the programm itself.
CRU creates monitor resolutions unless GPU scaling is enabled, so either GPU scaling is on and set to not stretch, or GPU scaling is off and the monitor is set to not stretch. Check the monitor's menus for scaling options. If it doesn't have scaling options, then you have to use GPU scaling to stretch to full screen.
01-25-2019, 06:20 PM
(01-25-2019 06:15 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-25-2019 05:46 PM)Gohan Wrote:  so i installed the costum resolution utility to play fortnite on stretched mode.
CRU creates monitor resolutions unless GPU scaling is enabled, so either GPU scaling is on and set to not stretch, or GPU scaling is off and the monitor is set to not stretch. Check the monitor's menus for scaling options. If it doesn't have scaling options, then you have to use GPU scaling to stretch to full screen.

Firstly thanks a lot for the fast answer
my proprem ist that i did use amd adrenaline (which is the software that i can install for my gpu) for stretching and set scaling mode to full screen but i still had the black layers. i remember i did that like 2 weeks ago and i did not have those black layers. but today when i tryed it the first time with CRU this happened.
01-25-2019, 06:38 PM
(01-25-2019 06:20 PM)Gohan Wrote:  Firstly thanks a lot for the fast answer
my proprem ist that i did use amd adrenaline (which is the software that i can install for my gpu) for stretching and set scaling mode to full screen but i still had the black layers. i remember i did that like 2 weeks ago and i did not have those black layers. but today when i tryed it the first time with CRU this happened.
Most monitors stretch by default, so if GPU scaling is off, it should be stretched unless the monitor has scaling options and is set to not stretch. The monitor's menus also usually have an info section that tells you what resolution it's receiving. If it matches the native resolution, then GPU scaling is on. If it matches the custom resolution, then GPU scaling is off.
01-26-2019, 12:26 AM
Hi! I have a question for the developer of CRU. I have a 60hz monitor than can go up to 75hz when using freesync. Thanks to Nvidia's latest driver and me buying a displayport cable now I can use my monitor at 75hz(and I managed to OC it to 81 from nvidia control panel). I heard that your program can overclock freesync, but when I opened it CRU says that my monitor is only 60hz. That makes sense I guess, but I wanted to ask if you can create an upgrade for CRU that fixes this issue. My monitor is LG 29um68-p. I am sorry if you have been hearing a ton of these questions recently and I'm sorry if this "issue" is not really an issue and I can just overclock the monitor anyway.
01-27-2019, 04:43 AM
(01-26-2019 12:26 AM)Dimitar Belchev Wrote:  Hi! I have a question for the developer of CRU. I have a 60hz monitor than can go up to 75hz when using freesync. Thanks to Nvidia's latest driver and me buying a displayport cable now I can use my monitor at 75hz(and I managed to OC it to 81 from nvidia control panel). I heard that your program can overclock freesync, but when I opened it CRU says that my monitor is only 60hz. That makes sense I guess, but I wanted to ask if you can create an upgrade for CRU that fixes this issue. My monitor is LG 29um68-p. I am sorry if you have been hearing a ton of these questions recently and I'm sorry if this "issue" is not really an issue and I can just overclock the monitor anyway.
CRU shows what the monitor reports. If the monitor supports 75 Hz with FreeSync, it should be in the extension block.
01-29-2019, 08:31 PM
(01-24-2019 06:05 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  The RGB range is controlled by the driver. There is nothing in the EDID that defines the RGB range. The guide says to use LCD reduced, not LCD native. That will use a different timing standard so the driver treats it as a PC resolution. Make sure to delete the TV resolutions in the extension block as well. The other option is to delete the extension block entirely so it's treated as DVI, but then you will lose audio.

Thanks for the reply.

i used reset-all to reset all the settings:
img1

I edited the detailed resolution 1920x1080 whit the "Automatic - LCD reduced" preset
img2 e img3

I deleted the extension block (i don't need audio output)
img4

I clicked OK and restaredt Windows

this is the settings panel nvidia
img5

if i use displaycall for calibrate the monitor he says:
Detected limited range output levels
Using TV encoding range of (16-235)/255

means that the Rgb output is set to limitedRGB.

should i also delete the standard resolutions and the established resolutions? Or add a new 1920x1080 standard resolution?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)