Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
07-09-2019, 11:31 AM (Last edited: 07-09-2019, 12:07 PM by lolitro)
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
Hello,

I got a question. I have a benq 2546 240hz monitor but my gpu dont show the 1280x960 resolution.

Whats is better? Lcd standar, lcd native or lcd reduced for 240hz and good clock?

LCD standar: 240hz / 259.201 kHz / 373.25 mhz
LCD native: 240hz / 237.125 kHz / 341.46 mhz
LCD reduced 240hz / 234.005 hHz / 320.12 mhz

Display scaling or gpu scaling?
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2019, 11:46 PM
(07-09-2019 11:31 AM)lolitro Wrote:  I got a question. I have a benq 2546 240hz monitor but my gpu dont show the 1280x960 resolution.

Whats is better? Lcd standar, lcd native or lcd reduced for 240hz and good clock?

If you use GPU scaling, the timing doesn't matter. If you use display scaling, it depends on what the monitor supports. LCD standard or native is most likely to work, but no guarantees. You'll have to try and see what works.
07-10-2019, 03:56 AM
(07-09-2019 11:46 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-09-2019 11:31 AM)lolitro Wrote:  I got a question. I have a benq 2546 240hz monitor but my gpu dont show the 1280x960 resolution.

If you use GPU scaling, the timing doesn't matter. If you use display scaling, it depends on what the monitor supports. LCD standard or native is most likely to work, but no guarantees. You'll have to try and see what works.

I try both and i can use all. So whats timming is better? Thanks so much!
07-10-2019, 01:02 PM
I've been having stuttering issues on both my laptop and PC under 60fps. And I was wondering if this could help with it. The problems have persisted ever since i got both and I dont know if I'm unlucky or something, It's been 2 years and I havent found anyone with the same issue. Thing is, every single game, no matter what year it was made, if I'm under 60, it stutters regardless of Vsync. I mean even if i lock the frame to 55 on a game that i can easily get 60 on, it stutters.
I am just tired, its been 2 years and I have completely given up on gaming because I couldnt find anyone with the same issue. Do you think playing around with refresh and all that can help with it?
07-11-2019, 03:38 AM
(07-10-2019 01:02 PM)Akash667 Wrote:  I've been having stuttering issues on both my laptop and PC under 60fps. And I was wondering if this could help with it. The problems have persisted ever since i got both and I dont know if I'm unlucky or something, It's been 2 years and I havent found anyone with the same issue. Thing is, every single game, no matter what year it was made, if I'm under 60, it stutters regardless of Vsync. I mean even if i lock the frame to 55 on a game that i can easily get 60 on, it stutters.
I am just tired, its been 2 years and I have completely given up on gaming because I couldnt find anyone with the same issue. Do you think playing around with refresh and all that can help with it?
I wouldn't expect frames rates below the refresh rate to be smooth. That's why G-SYNC and FreeSync exist. Trying a higher refresh rate might reduce the visible effects of stuttering in some cases, but the only way to have perfect smoothness is to synchronize the frame rate with the refresh rate. Generally, I find stuttering to be worst when the frame rate and refresh rate are close to each other but not synchronized.

If you have an NVIDIA card, make sure "Threaded optimization" is turned off. I've seen that cause stuttering in some cases.
07-11-2019, 03:40 AM
(07-10-2019 03:56 AM)lolitro Wrote:  I try both and i can use all. So whats timming is better? Thanks so much!
It doesn't matter. The timing doesn't significantly affect performance.
07-11-2019, 03:35 PM
(07-11-2019 03:38 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-10-2019 01:02 PM)Akash667 Wrote:  I've been having stuttering issues on both my laptop and PC under 60fps. And I was wondering if this could help with it. The problems have persisted ever since i got both and I dont know if I'm unlucky or something, It's been 2 years and I havent found anyone with the same issue. Thing is, every single game, no matter what year it was made, if I'm under 60, it stutters regardless of Vsync. I mean even if i lock the frame to 55 on a game that i can easily get 60 on, it stutters.
I wouldn't expect frames rates below the refresh rate to be smooth. That's why G-SYNC and FreeSync exist. Trying a higher refresh rate might reduce the visible effects of stuttering in some cases, but the only way to have perfect smoothness is to synchronize the frame rate with the refresh rate. Generally, I find stuttering to be worst when the frame rate and refresh rate are close to each other but not synchronized.

If you have an NVIDIA card, make sure "Threaded optimization" is turned off. I've seen that cause stuttering in some cases.
I'm fine if its not as smooth, but its sadly just borderline unplayable, I have played on other PCs at 30fps or even 20fps and it doesn't feel as bad as 55fps does on my laptop/PC. below 60 feels fine on other PCs but not mine.
The only exception I have in Forza Horizon 3, out of the hundreds of games I've tried ony my PC. Its the ONLY one that feels completely playable at 30fps when locked.
Is there any tests that I can run?
Sadly its very hard to tell on recorded clips but heres one i recorded anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4jngtowlH0&t=41s
It was completely unplayable for me.
07-12-2019, 05:16 PM
(07-11-2019 03:35 PM)Akash667 Wrote:  I'm fine if its not as smooth, but its sadly just borderline unplayable, I have played on other PCs at 30fps or even 20fps and it doesn't feel as bad as 55fps does on my laptop/PC. below 60 feels fine on other PCs but not mine.
The only exception I have in Forza Horizon 3, out of the hundreds of games I've tried ony my PC. Its the ONLY one that feels completely playable at 30fps when locked.
I don't see anything obviously wrong with the video other than the frame repeating you normally get when the game's frame rate is below the video's frame rate.

What mouse do you have? Does the motion seem smoother if you move with just the keyboard?

What about online vs. offline games?
07-14-2019, 04:10 PM
(07-12-2019 05:16 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(07-11-2019 03:35 PM)Akash667 Wrote:  I'm fine if its not as smooth, but its sadly just borderline unplayable, I have played on other PCs at 30fps or even 20fps and it doesn't feel as bad as 55fps does on my laptop/PC. below 60 feels fine on other PCs but not mine.
I don't see anything obviously wrong with the video other than the frame repeating you normally get when the game's frame rate is below the video's frame rate.

What mouse do you have? Does the motion seem smoother if you move with just the keyboard?

What about online vs. offline games?

Nah, I have tried many different mice. And its something I've been experiencing for 2 years so. It's very visible, like everything happening on the screen stutters.
I remember i was running AC Origins benchmark and i looked carefully and it kindlooked like the frames were going back and forth.
07-15-2019, 04:42 PM
(07-14-2019 04:10 PM)Akash667 Wrote:  Nah, I have tried many different mice. And its something I've been experiencing for 2 years so. It's very visible, like everything happening on the screen stutters.
I remember i was running AC Origins benchmark and i looked carefully and it kindlooked like the frames were going back and forth.
I stepped through the video frame by frame in several places and didn't see any back and forth stuttering, only frame repeating when the frame rate is low. I can't think of what would cause back and forth stuttering.