Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
01-10-2020, 06:35 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
(01-10-2020 02:48 PM)endcma Wrote:  ToastyX, unfortunately, as I imported the hdmi.dat fite and restarted the graphics card, the monitor showed a message that no signal was beeing sent. Then I deleted the extension block, changed the detailed resolution to 50Hz and restarted the graphics card again, but I couldn`t change the screen resolution to 2560x1080.
Anyway, thank you for your time and for trying to help.
Something is screwy with the graphics driver because that's not the expected behavior. Try importing hdmi.dat again and then use the "Copy" and "Paste" buttons at the top to copy everything to all the duplicate monitor entries. I've heard this might be necessary in some cases with the DCH drivers. If that doesn't help, try 50 Hz again with the copy and paste method, both with and without the extension block.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2020, 06:12 PM
Hello, how are you ? so i wonder if these timings are correct for my 144hz "Acer KG241Q Pbiip" monitor, when using the HDMI cable the timings shows like any other conventional 144hz monitor, when using the displayport cable, it looks very different from the conventional one.
In HDMI:
Horizontal Vertical
Front porch: 24 Front Porch: 3
Sync Width: 32 Sync Width: 5
Back Porch: 80 Back Porch: 10
Blanking: 136 Blanking: 18
Total: 2056 Total: 1098
Sync Polarity: +/+
Refresh Rate: 144.000HZ
Horizontal: 158.112HZ
Pixel Clock: 325.08MHZ

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-12-2020, 09:47 PM
(01-12-2020 06:12 PM)Bl4ck-. Wrote:  Hello, how are you ? so i wonder if these timings are correct for my 144hz "Acer KG241Q Pbiip" monitor, when using the HDMI cable the timings shows like any other conventional 144hz monitor, when using the displayport cable, it looks very different from the conventional one.
The DisplayPort timing parameters match the CVT-RB2 standard, except the sync polarity is -/+ instead of +/-, which isn't important. The HDMI timing parameters are non-standard, probably to reduce the pixel clock, but that's not a concern. AMD's new control panel has a bug that incorrectly lists the vertical front porch with the resolution added. 1143 - 1080 = 63
01-12-2020, 10:04 PM (Last edited: 01-12-2020, 10:09 PM by Bl4ck-.)
Yes, I had noticed since the 2020 driver adrenaline rush, but then are these displayport times normal? I also noticed that amd always sets the CVT-RB sync polarity to - / + instead of +/- by default,
Another thing I find strange, when changing the resolution in-game or windows, the monitor will keep reporting as if it was 1080p 144hz and not appearing to be changing resolution, because the Alt key is too fast.
01-13-2020, 02:39 AM
(01-12-2020 10:04 PM)Bl4ck-. Wrote:  Yes, I had noticed since the 2020 driver adrenaline rush, but then are these displayport times normal? I also noticed that amd always sets the CVT-RB sync polarity to - / + instead of +/- by default,
Another thing I find strange, when changing the resolution in-game or windows, the monitor will keep reporting as if it was 1080p 144hz and not appearing to be changing resolution, because the Alt key is too fast.
The resolution won't change with GPU-scaled resolutions. I don't see any reason to worry about the timing parameters.
01-15-2020, 10:18 AM
Dear Toasty

I managed to get 720p @ 120hz working on my Panasonic p42st50, and at 1080p I do manage to have the 120hz option appear in the refresh rate list in monitor properties, but when I try to apply, the screen just blanks out(black). I can't remember where I read it, but supposedly some guy DID mange this, by entering a manual timing for the "total lines/pixels", but I forgot the value and for which one of those it was.
Besides, even though it says LCD Standard/native/reduced, are these just as good for Plasmas, or can you recommend some manual timings for plasma tvs?
01-15-2020, 03:06 PM
And another thing, to my fellow tv "overclockers"... although as smooth as should be expected at 120hz, the upscaled image of 720p desktop/gaming on the native 1080p plasma panel, looks awful Sad What do you guys think? Is the doubling of the refresh rate worth the major downgrade in image quality?
01-16-2020, 03:48 PM
(01-15-2020 10:18 AM)Zahid Wrote:  Dear Toasty

I managed to get 720p @ 120hz working on my Panasonic p42st50, and at 1080p I do manage to have the 120hz option appear in the refresh rate list in monitor properties, but when I try to apply, the screen just blanks out(black). I can't remember where I read it, but supposedly some guy DID mange this, by entering a manual timing for the "total lines/pixels", but I forgot the value and for which one of those it was.
Besides, even though it says LCD Standard/native/reduced, are these just as good for Plasmas, or can you recommend some manual timings for plasma tvs?
"LCD native" will give you the CEA-861 standard timing parameters for 1920x1080 @ 120 Hz, which should work with any HDTV. "LCD standard" will give you the CVT-RB standard timing parameters, which is more common with 120 Hz computer monitors. If neither of those work, then there's no way to know what timing parameters will work without trial and error.
01-18-2020, 04:33 PM
can anyone please help me? when I delete all extension block, the monitor correctly shows the picture. With the import of HDMI-Audio Dat the Audio is there but the picture is again distorted. It is a Asus 24t1e. https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD%2...1_24T1.zip
01-18-2020, 08:48 PM
(01-18-2020 04:33 PM)Monitornewbee Wrote:  can anyone please help me? when I delete all extension block, the monitor correctly shows the picture. With the import of HDMI-Audio Dat the Audio is there but the picture is again distorted. It is a Asus 24t1e. https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD%2...1_24T1.zip
In what way is the picture distorted? When you delete the extension block, it sends a DVI signal instead of HDMI, so the monitor is doing something different when it receives an HDMI signal. Sometimes using the "LCD reduced" timing parameters will make a monitor behave like it does with a DVI.