Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
01-18-2020, 08:55 PM (Last edited: 01-18-2020, 09:02 PM by Monitornewbee)
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
With distorted I mean Overscanning, thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately, everytime I set my CRU to reduced and reopen the menu, it says manual again. Is there a manual configuration that I could use to possibly receive the reduced mode? Or can I also import the audio extension without the hdmi support file? tried to delete the hdmi file doesnt do the job for me. Furthermore, when I click the extension, in HDMI Support when I want to add 1920x1080, there is no option for that and with other, I would need to choose 0-255?
Thank you very much for your help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2020, 09:28 PM
(01-18-2020 08:55 PM)Monitornewbee Wrote:  With distorted I mean Overscanning, thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately, everytime I set my CRU to reduced and reopen the menu, it says manual again. Is there a manual configuration that I could use to possibly receive the reduced mode? Or can I also import the audio extension without the hdmi support file? tried to delete the hdmi file doesnt do the job for me. Furthermore, when I click the extension, in HDMI Support when I want to add 1920x1080, there is no option for that and with other, I would need to choose 0-255?
The dialog always opens in manual editing mode. The values should be saved. DVI signals do not support audio, so there's no way to send audio without HDMI. The "HDMI resolutions" section only has 4K resolutions and won't help with this problem.
01-18-2020, 09:50 PM
(01-18-2020 09:28 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(01-18-2020 08:55 PM)Monitornewbee Wrote:  With distorted I mean Overscanning, thank you for suggestion. Unfortunately, everytime I set my CRU to reduced and reopen the menu, it says manual again. Is there a manual configuration that I could use to possibly receive the reduced mode? Or can I also import the audio extension without the hdmi support file? tried to delete the hdmi file doesnt do the job for me. Furthermore, when I click the extension, in HDMI Support when I want to add 1920x1080, there is no option for that and with other, I would need to choose 0-255?
The dialog always opens in manual editing mode. The values should be saved. DVI signals do not support audio, so there's no way to send audio without HDMI. The "HDMI resolutions" section only has 4K resolutions and won't help with this problem.

Thank you very much. Is there any other possible reason? maybe because Audio is set to 7.1 instead of Stereo? Would you have any further suggestions?
01-19-2020, 05:15 PM (Last edited: 01-19-2020, 05:16 PM by ToastyX)
(01-18-2020 09:50 PM)Monitornewbee Wrote:  Thank you very much. Is there any other possible reason? maybe because Audio is set to 7.1 instead of Stereo? Would you have any further suggestions?
This is a monitor problem. The monitor doesn't seem to have a way to disable overscan with HDMI. If "LCD reduced" doesn't help, then the only thing you can do is delete the extension block and find some other way to route the audio, like plugging speakers directly into the computer. There's no way to send audio with a DVI signal.
01-23-2020, 02:41 AM
Hello guys!

Got a problem. Using this monitor Samsung U32H850 4K 60Hz FreeSync ON with GTX 2080 Ti. If I put in CRU range limits something more than 30Hz to 61Hz "G-Sync Pendulum" see my G-Sync setup but doesn't work, doesn't show smooth picture. It works only if I put 29Hz to 61Hz. Don't know why so. My monitor is 60Hz and via DisplayPort it doesn't show anything except 60Hz under nVidia Control Panel and FreeSync supposed to work on 60Hz. I would not ask as I hadn't one problem with this setup. If I play the game, in the game itself, I mean, while I am playing everything works fine and smooth but when the game showes me some cut scenes or movies or sometimes in the menu I see some rubbish which divides my screen by two same squares. Pictures are attached. How to get rid of this? Who knows why so?

Thank you beforehand!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-25-2020, 01:24 AM
(01-23-2020 02:41 AM)Svyatoslav Wrote:  Got a problem. Using this monitor Samsung U32H850 4K 60Hz FreeSync ON with GTX 2080 Ti. If I put in CRU range limits something more than 30Hz to 61Hz "G-Sync Pendulum" see my G-Sync setup but doesn't work, doesn't show smooth picture. It works only if I put 29Hz to 61Hz. Don't know why so. My monitor is 60Hz and via DisplayPort it doesn't show anything except 60Hz under nVidia Control Panel and FreeSync supposed to work on 60Hz. I would not ask as I hadn't one problem with this setup. If I play the game, in the game itself, I mean, while I am playing everything works fine and smooth but when the game showes me some cut scenes or movies or sometimes in the menu I see some rubbish which divides my screen by two same squares. Pictures are attached. How to get rid of this? Who knows why so?
The maximum range is limited by the current refresh rate. 61 Hz does no good if the refresh rate is 59.996 Hz. If you put 30-61 Hz, that leaves a hole between 29.998-30 Hz that LFC can't cover. Are you sure the TV can handle an extended range?
01-25-2020, 10:12 AM
Hi guys,

I've been working on getting my QNIX 2710 without scaler connected to my new graphics card (RX 5700XT), but so far only managed a 40Hz connection via Club3d HDMI to Dvi-D cable:
https://www.cyberport.de/pc-und-zubehoer...-1210.html
On my previous RX 480, I got 110Hz. The cable claims to be able to transmit UHD / 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz.
So I guess the problem is the graphics driver still having the HDMI-DVI limit in place, even though I used the patcher for this. Any ideas of what I could try?
I have included a screenshot of all my settings and driver info.

Thanks for all the great work!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

01-25-2020, 07:54 PM
(01-25-2020 10:12 AM)jim_rainor Wrote:  I've been working on getting my QNIX 2710 without scaler connected to my new graphics card (RX 5700XT), but so far only managed a 40Hz connection via Club3d HDMI to Dvi-D cable:
https://www.cyberport.de/pc-und-zubehoer...-1210.html
On my previous RX 480, I got 110Hz. The cable claims to be able to transmit UHD / 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz.
So I guess the problem is the graphics driver still having the HDMI-DVI limit in place, even though I used the patcher for this. Any ideas of what I could try?
HDMI-DVI cables are always single-link. You won't be able to get 110 Hz with single-link DVI, but 60 Hz should be doable. Don't add HDMI support if you're using the patcher.
01-26-2020, 10:13 AM
(01-25-2020 07:54 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  HDMI-DVI cables are always single-link. You won't be able to get 110 Hz with single-link DVI, but 60 Hz should be doable. Don't add HDMI support if you're using the patcher.
Okay, thanks for the info. I'm goint to try this one:
https://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2479/d...e_adapter/
Some spanish guy in the amazon reviews says he got 110Hz on that monitor running, so I'm hoping for the best.
01-26-2020, 07:53 PM
(01-26-2020 10:13 AM)jim_rainor Wrote:  Okay, thanks for the info. I'm goint to try this one:
https://www.club-3d.com/en/detail/2479/d...e_adapter/
Some spanish guy in the amazon reviews says he got 110Hz on that monitor running, so I'm hoping for the best.
I don't have this particular adapter, but my experience with a similar Accell adapter is AMD limits this type of adapter to 300 MHz pixel clock with 8 bpc color and 400 MHz with 6 bpc. That's enough to get 100 Hz with 6 bpc, and AMD dithers 6 bpc well enough. With NVIDIA, the adapter is capable of 357 MHz at 8 bpc and 476 MHz at 6 bpc.