AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
04-20-2021, 04:39 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
hi,
First of all thx a lot for this post.
In the latest driver (AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 21.4.1) , the patch has an issue. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-21-2021, 06:11 PM
AMD changed the name of the driver service. Use the updated version: https://www.monitortests.com/download/at...1.4.10.zip
04-21-2021, 08:01 PM
Thank you, Wink
05-04-2021, 01:27 AM (Last edited: 05-04-2021, 01:28 AM by f1rst0n6lock)
Hi! Which version of the program should I use if I have 20.9.1 amd radeon? After I apply the patch and restart the computer, error 43 disappears. BUT there is a new error 3. "The driver for this device might be corrupted, or your system may be running low on memory or other resources. (Code 3)". But if I delete the patch, error 3 disappears, and error 43 appears again.
05-04-2021, 01:44 AM
(05-04-2021 01:27 AM)f1rst0n6lock Wrote:  Hi! Which version of the program should I use if I have 20.9.1 amd radeon? After I apply the patch and restart the computer, error 43 disappears. BUT there is a new error 3. "The driver for this device might be corrupted, or your system may be running low on memory or other resources. (Code 3)". But if I delete the patch, error 3 disappears, and error 43 appears again.
Latest version should work. Try 1.4.8 just to make sure: https://www.monitortests.com/download/at...-1.4.8.zip
05-23-2021, 05:18 AM (Last edited: 05-23-2021, 05:19 AM by ALIEN_I_AM)
Hello ToastyX,

thank you for your Service to the community first of all.

My Question

I have an LG 240hz Monitor and a 6700xt GPU. Right now everything runs with Displayport, it works.

The LG Monitor has 2x HDMI 2.0 Ports and i have one on my GPU and i want to buy me a HDMI 2.0 Cable to test it out. If 240hz with HDMI feel "snappier" with the Mouse.

I only have a cable that is branded with High Speed HDMI and as far as i found out that is not 2.0 and after testing it i only could go up to 144hz (without using Custom Resolutions or anything just plain Drivers/Windows Refreshrate Setting).

Do i need the Pixel Clock patcher tool and a custom Resolution when i buy me a better HDMI 2.0 Cable or will i be able to choose the refreshrate right away ?

Is there any "gains" to get with a 2.0 a or b Variant ? As far as i read, not if i only want 240hz but maybe you have more experience and know better.

Thank you for your answer and your time ToastyX !
best regards from Germany
ALIEN_I_AM
05-24-2021, 04:08 AM
(05-23-2021 05:18 AM)ALIEN_I_AM Wrote:  I only have a cable that is branded with High Speed HDMI and as far as i found out that is not 2.0 and after testing it i only could go up to 144hz (without using Custom Resolutions or anything just plain Drivers/Windows Refreshrate Setting).

Do i need the Pixel Clock patcher tool and a custom Resolution when i buy me a better HDMI 2.0 Cable or will i be able to choose the refreshrate right away ?

Is there any "gains" to get with a 2.0 a or b Variant ? As far as i read, not if i only want 240hz but maybe you have more experience and know better.
Are you sure the monitor supports more than 144 Hz with HDMI? HDMI 2.0 doesn't use different cables, so that won't affect what resolutions are available. The patcher does not affect HDMI 2.0 limits.
05-24-2021, 08:24 AM (Last edited: 05-29-2021, 11:43 AM by ALIEN_I_AM)
(05-24-2021 04:08 AM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(05-23-2021 05:18 AM)ALIEN_I_AM Wrote:  I only have a cable that is branded with High Speed HDMI and as far as i found out that is not 2.0 and after testing it i only could go up to 144hz (without using Custom Resolutions or anything just plain Drivers/Windows Refreshrate Setting).

Are you sure the monitor supports more than 144 Hz with HDMI? HDMI 2.0 doesn't use different cables, so that won't affect what resolutions are available. The patcher does not affect HDMI 2.0 limits.
Thank you for the superquick Response ToastyX !
Yeah i should have linked the Model what Monitor i have, would have made sense in the beginning Big Grin

According to the Page yes.
https://www.lg.com/de/monitore/lg-27GK750F-B

DisplayPort and HDMI 48-240 Hz (Freesync works with HDMI, Gsync doesnt according to my research)

But you say that any HDMI would give me the 240hz Option. After reading through all the Wikipedia about HDMI and Bandwidth and many other Sources, HDMI 2.0 only has enough Bandwidth for that...and therefore needs a cable that is not 1.4 or below.

1.4 are labeled High Speed (thats what i have)
2.0 are labeled Premium High Speed
2.1 are labeled Ultra High Speed

I guess i will need to get me a 2.0 Cable and just find out then if it will show me the 240hz Option. According to the Manual, there is a Monitor Setting called HDMI Compability Mode which forces the HDMI to use max. 120hz but i remember changing that and well, it maxxed out the HZ down to 120 and with it off it was max. 144hz with the 1.4 Cable.

I thought it is an AMD Driver Restriction and thats what i need your Pixel Clock Patcher for.

best regards

------
(Edit: One Week Later - Yes as i assumed you need that HDMI 2.0 Cable. The 240hz Option was instantly there and available. I tried out the 1.4 Cable just to be sure, no 240hz Option only 144hz Max. So indeed, you need that HDMI 2.0 Cable or you cant run the 240hz at all)
05-29-2021, 07:33 PM
Hello @ToastyX

Newer kernel from the 21.4.1 has changed and now we can't extend official overclock limit on mobile GPU-s (like RX550) and now we can't use Wattman, nor anything else to OC, could you make a patch as it was before so we can use newer drivers(and wattman, but that's unlockable with MSI Afterburner's Extended OC feature)?
05-29-2021, 10:24 PM
(05-29-2021 07:33 PM)D1stRU3T0R Wrote:  Hello @ToastyX

Newer kernel from the 21.4.1 has changed and now we can't extend official overclock limit on mobile GPU-s (like RX550) and now we can't use Wattman, nor anything else to OC, could you make a patch as it was before so we can use newer drivers(and wattman, but that's unlockable with MSI Afterburner's Extended OC feature)?
Update for 21.4.1 came out a month ago.