Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
09-10-2019, 01:26 PM
RE: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)
Hola! Muchísimas gracias por tu aporte. Descargue el programa, me resuelve la resolución pero me cambia los colores del monitor, los rojos se ven rosados o violetas, los amarillos verdes.... me puedes ayudar?
mi PC tiene un GPU Nvidia 1650 CO de Zotac, tengo un TV led genérico Sanyo LCE 24XF9T (1080p) conectado por HDMI
Los Driver de Nvidia me dan el color correcto pero es como un 720 estirado, tengo que elegir entre el color o la resolución.....
si me puedes ayudar te habrás ganado mis $$$$. Gracias!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2019, 02:33 PM
(09-09-2019 06:18 PM)sureshoe Wrote:  I rebooted, the settings stayed. I then logged back into my account and let the computer sit. When the monitor slept, I checked the system - it reverted back to 3840x2160. Any ideas?
DisplayPort disconnects when the monitor sleeps, but the resolution shouldn't reset unless there's a driver bug or some background service interfering. You might have better luck using the HDMI 2.0 port.
09-13-2019, 08:04 AM
Hi, could you help me please?
I used the CRU to add a resolution, but for some reason it doubled my vertical resolution. So now I only see the top half of my screen. I tried booting into safe mode and changing the resolution, then deleting the files, didn't help. I tried reinstalling Windows, I tried formatting the hard drive. None of those worked. I couldnt complete the windows installation since I didnt see the bottom half of the screen. Could it be that it changed the settings on my graphics card somehow?
09-13-2019, 02:04 PM
(09-13-2019 08:04 AM)Tilchos Wrote:  I used the CRU to add a resolution, but for some reason it doubled my vertical resolution. So now I only see the top half of my screen. I tried booting into safe mode and changing the resolution, then deleting the files, didn't help. I tried reinstalling Windows, I tried formatting the hard drive. None of those worked. I couldnt complete the windows installation since I didnt see the bottom half of the screen. Could it be that it changed the settings on my graphics card somehow?
No, try unplugging the monitor's power for a minute just in case it's a firmware glitch.
09-13-2019, 05:21 PM
(09-13-2019 02:04 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-13-2019 08:04 AM)Tilchos Wrote:  I used the CRU to add a resolution, but for some reason it doubled my vertical resolution. So now I only see the top half of my screen. I tried booting into safe mode and changing the resolution, then deleting the files, didn't help. I tried reinstalling Windows, I tried formatting the hard drive. None of those worked. I couldnt complete the windows installation since I didnt see the bottom half of the screen. Could it be that it changed the settings on my graphics card somehow?
No, try unplugging the monitor's power for a minute just in case it's a firmware glitch.

Didn't fix the issue. I start getting the issue a few seconds after the Windows logo pops up. The resolution before that is normal (i.e. ASRock screen for entering BIOS).
09-13-2019, 05:41 PM
(09-13-2019 05:21 PM)Tilchos Wrote:  Didn't fix the issue. I start getting the issue a few seconds after the Windows logo pops up. The resolution before that is normal (i.e. ASRock screen for entering BIOS).
What monitor is it? What graphics card? What resolution did you try to add?
09-13-2019, 06:02 PM
(09-13-2019 05:41 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-13-2019 05:21 PM)Tilchos Wrote:  Didn't fix the issue. I start getting the issue a few seconds after the Windows logo pops up. The resolution before that is normal (i.e. ASRock screen for entering BIOS).
What monitor is it? What graphics card? What resolution did you try to add?

Monitor is Samsung Syncmaster 932MW, graphics card is a brand new Radeon RX 570 and the resolution I tried to add was 1440x900 (the resolution of my monitor.
I really appreciate you helping out, thank you.
09-13-2019, 06:33 PM
(09-13-2019 06:02 PM)Tilchos Wrote:  Monitor is Samsung Syncmaster 932MW, graphics card is a brand new Radeon RX 570 and the resolution I tried to add was 1440x900 (the resolution of my monitor.
Are you using DVI or HDMI? Why did you need to add 1440x900? Was it not already available? While in the BIOS and displaying correctly, what resolution does the monitor report in the OSD? What about while it's distorted? Was the issue present when you booted into safe mode? Do you currently have Windows installed?
09-13-2019, 06:40 PM
(09-13-2019 06:33 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(09-13-2019 06:02 PM)Tilchos Wrote:  Monitor is Samsung Syncmaster 932MW, graphics card is a brand new Radeon RX 570 and the resolution I tried to add was 1440x900 (the resolution of my monitor.
Are you using DVI or HDMI? Why did you need to add 1440x900? Was it not already available? While in the BIOS and displaying correctly, what resolution does the monitor report in the OSD? What about while it's distorted? Was the issue present when you booted into safe mode? Do you currently have Windows installed?

Using HDMI. The resolution wasnt available anywhere. The BIOS uses 800x600 resolution (not perfect but its managable). Not sure how to bring up the OSD. The issue wasnt present in safe mode and i dont have windows installed currently.
09-13-2019, 07:19 PM
(09-13-2019 06:40 PM)Tilchos Wrote:  Using HDMI. The resolution wasnt available anywhere. The BIOS uses 800x600 resolution (not perfect but its managable). Not sure how to bring up the OSD. The issue wasnt present in safe mode and i dont have windows installed currently.
This is sounding like a faulty monitor, but this is hard to troubleshoot if Windows is not installed. At what point during the installation does the problem appear? Try installing Windows without Internet access to prevent Windows from automatically updating and installing a graphics driver before it's finished. Then it should use the same driver as safe mode. There's also a chance if it's a faulty monitor that it might display correctly with DVI, and if the card doesn't have DVI, you can use an HDMI-DVI cable or adapter.