AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
11-25-2020, 01:53 PM
RE: AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher
(11-24-2020 09:43 AM)MarcusR Wrote:  Hey! I was wondering if there's a discord channel for this, I really need support, thanks![/i]
This forum is support. There's not much to the patcher. Run it to patch the driver. Run it again to unpatch the driver.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2020, 12:20 PM
Hi I have an Radeon VII that give me ther error 43 and the thing in the attached pic. I have tried running the Pixel clock Patcher, but nothing happens, it wont post. I have also tried to delete it and install it again in the device manager. ATM I'm using a P2000 to get any post.
What shall I do to get the VII to work normal?

11-26-2020, 03:42 PM
(11-26-2020 12:20 PM)lawhs1999 Wrote:  Hi I have an Radeon VII that give me ther error 43 and the thing in the attached pic. I have tried running the Pixel clock Patcher, but nothing happens, it wont post. I have also tried to delete it and install it again in the device manager. ATM I'm using a P2000 to get any post.
What shall I do to get the VII to work normal?
RMA it. Software can't fix broken hardware.
11-29-2020, 06:47 AM
Hi there

I have 2 mining rigs with 9 x RX470 4gb cards with BIOS overclock that have not been used in a while due to low value of mining. I have been trying for weeks now to set them up again. Every time that I load the latest November 2020 Adrenalin drivers and then patch with your latest dag 1.4.8 patcher, windows refuses to boot, if I can get into windows, the screen keeps flashing, system freezes and then gives BSOD, either with "thread stuck in device driver" or "tdr video failure". Then I have to boot into safe made and remove the drivers again and start all over.

I have been instructed by someone to get hold of the actual 1.4.7 patcher to use with these drivers to get the rigs up and running?

I have tried lots of download links available for 1.4.7, most of them have trojans attached or are the newer 1.4.8 patcher

Thx
Russel
11-29-2020, 02:22 PM
(11-29-2020 06:47 AM)Russalpcs Wrote:  I have 2 mining rigs with 9 x RX470 4gb cards with BIOS overclock that have not been used in a while due to low value of mining. I have been trying for weeks now to set them up again. Every time that I load the latest November 2020 Adrenalin drivers and then patch with your latest dag 1.4.8 patcher, windows refuses to boot, if I can get into windows, the screen keeps flashing, system freezes and then gives BSOD, either with "thread stuck in device driver" or "tdr video failure". Then I have to boot into safe made and remove the drivers again and start all over.

I have been instructed by someone to get hold of the actual 1.4.7 patcher to use with these drivers to get the rigs up and running?
That doesn't sound like a patcher issue, so using an older version won't make a difference. Did you rename the patcher to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe? That patches only the BIOS signature check, which hasn't changed with 1.4.8. You can get 1.4.7 here: https://www.monitortests.com/download/at...-1.4.7.zip
11-29-2020, 03:44 PM
(11-29-2020 02:22 PM)ToastyX Wrote:  
(11-29-2020 06:47 AM)Russalpcs Wrote:  I have 2 mining rigs with 9 x RX470 4gb cards with BIOS overclock that have not been used in a while due to low value of mining. I have been trying for weeks now to set them up again. Every time that I load the latest November 2020 Adrenalin drivers and then patch with your latest dag 1.4.8 patcher, windows refuses to boot, if I can get into windows, the screen keeps flashing, system freezes and then gives BSOD, either with "thread stuck in device driver" or "tdr video failure". Then I have to boot into safe made and remove the drivers again and start all over.

That doesn't sound like a patcher issue, so using an older version won't make a difference. Did you rename the patcher to atikmdag-patcher-bios.exe? That patches only the BIOS signature check, which hasn't changed with 1.4.8. You can get 1.4.7 here: https://www.monitortests.com/download/at...-1.4.7.zip

I did try the rename and that also stops windows from loading properly

Thanks for the file, but that shows "driver file too large", same as 1.4.5

I think my only option is to re-load the original BIOS on these cards?

Thx
Russel
11-29-2020, 04:41 PM
(11-29-2020 03:44 PM)Russalpcs Wrote:  I did try the rename and that also stops windows from loading properly

Thanks for the file, but that shows "driver file too large", same as 1.4.5

I think my only option is to re-load the original BIOS on these cards?
The last version 1.4.7 works with is 20.4.2. I'm thinking either it's a motherboard compatibility issue with having too many cards, or at least one of the cards is defective. Try removing cards until it boots. If it worked before, then installing an older driver might help, but Windows 10 likes to automatically upgrade older drivers.
12-03-2020, 08:44 AM (Last edited: 12-03-2020, 08:45 AM by ecosgrab78)
Revision Number
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.3 Optional
File Size
458 MB
Release Date
30/11/2020
the patcher does not allow changing the update frequency, I rolled back the amd version to 20.11.1 everything works again.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-03-2020, 01:52 PM
(12-03-2020 08:44 AM)ecosgrab78 Wrote:  the patcher does not allow changing the update frequency, I rolled back the amd version to 20.11.1 everything works again.
Which update frequency? What are you using the patcher for?
12-04-2020, 03:12 AM
AMD rx 570 software crashing randomly
Hi, I'm having issues with my Rx 570 8gb graphics card with the new software : 20.11.3 when it randomly crashes my screen with a blue screen error saying VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (atikmdag.sys). I searched online and found amd/ati pixel clock patcher. When I tried to use this patcher it showed that HDMI-DVI limit in which it said "not found" but everything else was "already patched". After I patched it I restarted my pc and now the software still struggles with the issue I had before, randomly blue screen crashing and also showing (atikmdag.sys) error. How do I fix this?